Changing clip terminals to 5-way on an amp.

gidrah
gidrah Posts: 3,049
edited November 2002 in Electronics
Somebody around here has done this on their Carver. I am looking to do the same on my M-200t.

Who was it? Any cheap suppliers recommended?

I am looking to bi-wiring with this amp and can't fit enough wire in a standard pin connector or bare-wired.

Anybody know of a pin connector capable of 10 awg.?
Make it Funky! :)
Post edited by gidrah on

Comments

• George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited November 2002
    It was Mike McGowan. He did it to his Carver M1.0t. I would bet a months wages he used Vampire products from Lutz, Florida. I want to wish you a great deal of luck in trying to get him back to this forum. Lose some psycho's, and you will gain some normie's. That's the way I see it.

Godzilla
    King of the Friggin' Monsters
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2002
    God-Z, quite the poet as always.

Damn straight he used Vampire posts, that was what made his amp stand out when it was stolen (and found again). Mark, I haven't opened my 200, but it shouldn't be that hard, you seem like a fairly cerebral dude.

Cheers,
    Son of Ampzilla
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited November 2002
    What ever happened with that amp? Did the repairman go to jail?

Make it Funky! :)
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited November 2002
    It was brother BOB'S amp that was stolen. Mike modified his as well, before he sold both his M1.0t's in order to buy the Adcom 300 watt monoblocs.

I don't know the status of Bob's amp, he fell off the planet. Mike is busy starting up a company.

They were both partial to Vampire, but you can probably get what you need from Parts Express.

George