LS90 Shielding

Options
keith.wagner
keith.wagner Posts: 7
edited November 2006 in Troubleshooting
I have a pair of LS90's that I just pulled out of storage for use in my home theater, oddly enough just one of these speakers interferes badly with my television. I can't get the beast far enough away without moving it outside! My question is, though these speakers certainly appear to be or have been, magnetically shielded, what would cause just one speaker to interfere with the television?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Keith Wagner
Post edited by keith.wagner on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2006
    Options
    can you degauss your TV? if you can.. try that after you have the LS90 set up next to your TV. it helps me to degauss my TV.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Hello,
    Thanks for posting on the Forum. The LS series are not magnetically shielded and would have to be placed at least 24" from the sides of a direct view CRT type television. We do have available reverse polarity magnets, called "bucking magnets" which can be attached to magnets on the tweeters and drivers. Further information can be obtained from us at 1-800-377-7655.
    Regards, Ken
  • keith.wagner
    keith.wagner Posts: 7
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Thanks for the info, Ken. The bucking magnets sound like a very good solution if I cannot move the speakers further out.

One question, do the bucking magnets affect speaker performance at all?

Thanks!

Keith Wagner