Cracking and Popping when starting a DVD

Options
JamesNap
JamesNap Posts: 2
edited November 2006 in Troubleshooting
I have all polk speakers set up with my Kenwood 5900 audio video receiver and Kenwood 5900 Soverign DVD Player. Whenever i start up a dvd the disc's menu always seems to be in pro logic II digital sound. When this starts up I get loading popping in my speakers and the audio breaks up and actually mutes itself and the digital light on my receiver blinks. Once i choose to start the movie and the receiver switches to dolby digital everything goes back to normal and there is no problems at all. Does anyone know why this happens and do i have to set something up to stop this from happening. I feel like iam going to destroy my speakers one day with this.
Post edited by JamesNap on

Comments

• scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Very strange, - it seems to happen in PLII. :confused: Most menus are not Dolby Digital 5.1. So your recievers defaulting into PLII on the menus. Try changing your recievers setting to another DSP. Mine, for example, goes into All Channel Stereo.
  • JamesNap
    JamesNap Posts: 2
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Do you have any idea how i would do this?
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited November 2006
    Options
    there should be a way to do it right on the reciever, or the reciever remote. your going to look for surround modes, or some such. change it to another analog format, like plain stereo, or 5 channel stereo.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites