How quickly some forget!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited November 2006
    Options
    For her to go over and snuggle with the enemy was more than using her right to free speech, that **** should have been shot for treason. Yes I lost friends and some of my friends today are missing body parts because of that war.
    I deal with it but I will never get over it. I will never forget.
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited November 2006
    Options
    "Hanoi Jane"
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,312
    edited November 2006
    Options
    The times back then were definitely different.

How could Jane Fonda get away with her actions ? Well, remember......this was a time when the Yippies tried to run a pig for President in 1968.

http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Shores/7484/ftr/pigasus.htm

pigasus.jpg

If the Chicago cops hadn't busted the Chicago 7, ruining Pigasus's chances,
    who knows ?

The priviledged elite like Jane Fonda were untouchable, for political reasons, and they knew it, and they abused it.
    The "long hairs" in the streets in Chicago in '68, while they may or may not have been misguided, at least had the courage (some may say stupidity) to offer up their skulls for their convictions.

.....the same can not be said of Jane Fonda.
    Sal Palooza
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited November 2006
    Options
    cfrizz wrote:
    Jane Fonda was simply utilizing her right to free speech

Excuse me but this is total BS. Utilizing her right to free speech would be protesting in the streets or to her congressman or to the press.

NOT........

HanoiJane.jpg
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited November 2006
    Options
    And 20 years after the fact, in his memoirs, Sec of Defense Robert McNamara admitted that they knew they couldn't win the war, but we kept sending troops over there anyhow. He was just as much a traitor as she. There's a lot of things about that war, and the way it was fought that should not have been forgotten. At least 50,000 things.
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited November 2006
    Options
    And 20 years after the fact, in his memoirs, Sec of Defense Robert McNamara admitted that they knew they couldn't win the war, but we kept sending troops over there anyhow. He was just as much a traitor as she. There's a lot of things about that war, and the way it was fought that should not have been forgotten. At least 50,000 things.

AMEN Bros. GG
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited November 2006
    Options
    She went and visited the enemy in Vietnam and put POW's lives at risk then was allowed back into your country without being charged with treason or something.:eek: I guess if you are a celeb you can get away with crap like that.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • George Grand
    edited November 2006
    Options
    And if Celine Dion did it yesterday, she'd be welcome back up north by tomorrow.
  • Systems
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Unfortunately you are correct .
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • George Grand
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Thanks for being honest about it, and yes, it is unfortunate isn't it.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2006
    Options
    And if Celine Dion did it yesterday, she'd be welcome back up north by tomorrow.

Youre 100% right.

Look at the traitor michael moore. That worthless piece of human debris makes an al qaeda propaganda movie and not only is he welcomed he is given awards!

Thats just further evidence that the world celebs live in bare little resemblance to the real world the rest of us inhabit.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Systems
    edited November 2006
    Options
    MacLeod wrote:
    Youre 100% right.

Look at the traitor michael moore. That worthless piece of human debris makes an al qaeda propaganda movie and not only is he welcomed he is given awards!

Thats just further evidence that the world celebs live in bare little resemblance to the real world the rest of us inhabit.
    Roger and Me was an entertaining movie but no way could I watch that piece of crap F 9/11.The commercials for it were more than I could stand.MM is a BIG poopy head for making money off of that..
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited November 2006
    Options
    There's a lot of things about that war, and the way it was fought that should not have been forgotten. At least 50,000 things.

This applys to any and every war.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • George Grand
    edited November 2006
    Options
    There are stunning douchebags on both sides of that line MacLeod.

All wars are kind of senseless Shack, but some appear to be a little more senseless than others.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Did we REALLY need to go to war in Vietnam? We came home with our tail between our legs, 50,000 young men lost their lives & God knows how many other wounded & the entire country was left with scars that are still felt today!

We didn't go to war with Russia, & Communism still managed to collapse! And now over 30 yrs later, for all intents & purposes it's dead in Vietnam as well & we have diplomatic relations with them as well! So just WHAT did those 50,000 men die for?
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • George Grand
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Monsanto and a few other chemical companies. Maybe Halliburton and KBR were around back then as well.
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited November 2006
    Options
    It seems that if you were a republican or democratic politician in the 60s and 70s and you lied your **** off regarding the reason for the war and the progrees that was being made you get a free pass on this forum.

The domino theory was BS.
    Viet Nam is now peacefull.
    Many large companies made billions off the war.
    Jane was right, the war was wrong and tried to stop it.

If we can't peacefully protest wars we are in deep ****, like today.

American politicians are the biggest bunch of liars in the world and we let them get away with it and dump on the people that try to expose them for what they are.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited November 2006
    Options
    bikezappa wrote:

She tried to stop it by going after people who had no control over it.

If someone thought the war was wrong today, but rather than protesting or trying to fight Congress or anything like that, INSTEAD they gave terrrorists the coordinates of your town so they could blow up your family, would that be them just exercising their right to free speech?

Did you ever hear "the ends don't justify the means?"

Or do they not teach you that at LHS?
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • George Grand
    edited November 2006
    Options
    She consorted with the enemy, that's pretty cut and dry. It doesn't matter whether she was morally right or wrong to protest the war, it was the way she chose to do it. You are allowed to peacefully protest any war (at least in this country you are), you just aren't allowed to consort with, aid, abet, or give comfort to our enemies.

I still watch Cat Ballou, Barbarella, and Barefoot in the Park simply because she was such a hottie. Would I ever put a thin dime in her pocket by buying her fitness videos? Hell no.
  • ND13
    edited November 2006
    Options
    JHC, how many times does it take to make clear that what HJ did was not the same as what the rest of the protesters did during Nam. She was aiding the enemy and their propaganda machine, which she would have been executed or at least exiled/deported during most any earlier war. There's a huge difference between what she did and what the hippies were doing...HUGE!!!!
  • ND13
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Would I ever put a thin dime in her pocket by buying her fitness videos? Hell no.

You don't need no stinking video...I don't think we could take it if you were anymore sexsay!!!!;) :p
  • bikezappa
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Jane F made trips to NV to make a political statement.

I'm not sure how that got American solders killed?

I know that the lies from the politicains got 50,000 solders killed.

We were wrong to start and fight that war, that's is just my opinion.

The war brought much hate and protest in the 60s and 70s and 80s.

We still have a Hate On about it.

Looking back now, should we have stayed there longer?

Should we have lost 20,000 more solders?

Politicains get a free pass again. And their children back then all were in the National Gaurd.

Would you fight in Nam Today?
  • George Grand
    edited November 2006
    Options
    It's unfortunate, but until I retire, I get to go wherever I get sent. I'm allowed to indicate my displeasure with my feet. With a little luck, I'll be home reading about Iran in the newspapers, cause I plan on ending my career BEFORE anything transpires over there.

Peter, a lot of Hollywood stars and glitterati had the means to get to Vietnam. It appears Jane was the only one that made a BIG mistake by actually doing it. She was wrong with her choice of protest. No amount of words will ever change that.

Nobody got a free pass. I'm all for digging up McNamara and a few other people and killing them again.
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited November 2006
    Options
    bobman1235 wrote:
    Just as a note, I wasn't even a thought in someone's MIND in the Vietnam era (born in 1980), but : I never understood the animosity towards Vietnam vets after the war - a large number of them were DRAFTED. How was there so much hatred towards people who had little choice (aside from going to Canada) in what they did? Not that it would make it right if they were all volunteers... but this always confused me.

the media and people like Jane Fonda didn't help the matter...back then there was no CNN and real-time updates...the public was spoon-fed lots of lies and deception.
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited November 2006
    Options
    bikezappa wrote:
    It seems that if you were a republican or democratic politician in the 60s and 70s and you lied your **** off regarding the reason for the war and the progrees that was being made you get a free pass on this forum.

The domino theory was BS.
    Viet Nam is now peacefull.
    Many large companies made billions off the war.

American politicians are the biggest bunch of liars in the world and we let them get away with it and dump on the people that try to expose them for what they are.

a lot of what you say is correct...

But Jane Fonda is and will always be a ****...
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited November 2006
    Options
    I really can not believe that anyone would think that **** was right in doing what she did. No wonder this world gets screwed up, we blame the politicians but we are the voters, look at yourself.
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Precisely Read-alot!

Jane Fonda was an opinionated idiot, but the politicians who knew the truth but lied & kept sending men over there are the ones who are the murderers!

Just as Bush is the murderer now! But people put him in office for a second term so they too are responsible for every young person that comes home in a coffin today!

I just hope to God that this unecessary war with Iraq doesn't last as long as Vietnam did!

And this is NOT to say that we shouldn't do everything possible to eradicate terrorism against us. But if we go in we should go in with massive fire power & get it done once and for all.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited November 2006
    Options
    I would like to deficate on her grave.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • bikezappa
    edited November 2006
    Options
    I can see everyone's point that JF was a jerk to visit with the NV. It makes me mad that she did that.

I also remember the incredable frustration me and my friends had because these friends were fighting there. Some came back in body bags. And you couldn't stop that war. The government never declared war in NV. Remember they declared it was a police action. Congress wouldn't have declared war because they didn't have the votes. So for over 10 years we watched men die there and couldn't stop this war.

Times were different because there was a draft and marching around the streets didn't appear to make any differance. If you had a low draft number you either went to canada, jail, or VN. The level of frustration was high as was the daily body count on the news.

The politicans got a free pass for lying for over 10 years, that really sucks.

After time passed and we left VN, it was clear the American people were lied to.