Question about Recievers

raglandl
raglandl Posts: 11
edited November 2002 in Electronics
Is it going to be worth my while to change recievers from my sony str-685 to a denon avr-3802. I'm just wondering if the sound quality will be improved.

My speakers:
center: csi30
main:rt55i
surround: r20
sub: ps350

any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by raglandl on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited November 2002
    Yes
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    edited November 2002
    I cannot answer that question,
    I don't have your ears to use to compare the 2.

But if your looking for opnions on what and how good the Denon is....yes it's a fantastic receiver to run what you own.It's more flexable then the Sony.I perfer Denon over Sony not just for sound quality, but better overall layout of the receiver and features.

Go listen to both and see what you like better.....what your needs are.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • SpikeVols
    SpikeVols Posts: 4
    edited November 2002
    I would go for the denon I have the 2802 and love it.. I did alot of research and found that the denon has a clean powerful sound. and alot of great plug ins as well.. If I was not getting a Denon I would look at the Integra... another Great receiver... You can check out alot of reviews at audioreviews.com
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited November 2002
    You can't go wrong with the Denon. Not sure what size it is but I think it is safe to say the power will be alot cleaner than the Sony.
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited November 2002
    You should be able to get a good deal on the 3802 right now too, since it is being replaced by the 3803. The 3803 retails for $1199.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited November 2002
    can be had on ebay for 300-600 bucks...lowest i seen is 350..at a bid---lowest by it now was 400 refurbished...
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC