RD0194 tweeter wiring

Options
Jockos
Jockos Posts: 310
edited September 2006 in Troubleshooting
Got my new tweeters. Just to make sure does the black wire go to the red terminal and the white to the unmarked terminal?

Thanks,

Jockos
Post edited by Jockos on

Comments

• Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited September 2006
    Options
    No, red is positive, black is negative. What color are the wires you are using? You have black and white wire and red and unmarked terminals? I'd put the black wire on the unmarked terminal and the white wire to the red.

However if you find things are marked, put positive with positive and negative with negative.

if your tweeter sounds weird switch the wires. You won't be hurting anything, things will just be out of phase. No big deal and definitely reversable
  • Jockos
    edited September 2006
    Options
    The wires are black and white, and the speaker is RTA 11T. The black was hooked up to what appeared to be the positive terminal of the SL 2000; it had a + next to it. The white was hooked up to the terminal that had no markings. Hopefully someone is familiar with the wiring for the 11T.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,856
    edited September 2006
    Options
    Black or blue is positive, white or green is negative. It's the Polk way. Jockos, the black wire goes to the terminal with the red dot.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Jockos
    edited September 2006
    Options
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited September 2006
    Options
    F1nut wrote:
    Black or blue is positive, white or green is negative. It's the Polk way.

The polk way, yes. I wonder who came up with that scheme anyway. :rolleyes:
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D