sub inclosure divders (are they needed)

shoefo
shoefo Posts: 1
edited November 2002 in Custom Fabrication
I am currently designing a sub box for two tens. Ive got the dimensions worked out to fit my subs, but I was wondering if i should put a divider in the box or does it matter.
Post edited by shoefo on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Polk Woodpecker Posts: 0
    edited November 2002
    The only time I use a shared chamber is if the shape of the enclosure prohibits me from dividing it evenly. If you can divide the box into seperate chambers, by all means, do it.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited November 2002
    ... if you walked into the bathroom at a local restaurant and found that while all of the toilets were walled off and had separate doors, once you got inside, there were no dividers... how would you feel?

--- give your subs their privacy --- they'll be happier ----

;) hope ya liked that one ...lol
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited November 2002
    actualy..it wont make a beans of diff. if you use a divider or an open chamber.

I recomend dividers if your using 2 subs and 2 amps..since most folks dont use meters/o'scopes to level match stuff..

but other than that.. you can do it either way..wont make a beans of diff.- ONe thing it can do...is make the box more ridgid..since it will be like a brace... but thats about it
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited November 2002
    hmm.... so thomas does that mean you like watching other guys ****?

... its an important thing to know.. LMFAO... hehehe

**god i love messin w/ u**
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    edited November 2002
    Gee...I dont think there is any comparison of watching others "dumping" and having subs in same chambers...lol. Besides when I went to basic..there were no STALLS...just wide open !!!!!

But on a serious note...it does not make a "****" of diff...lol

Vinnie...you the "ANN Landers " of polk car audio now??? :lol:
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited November 2002
    actually, i like to think of myself as Dear Abby and Bob Vila rolled into one nice jelly roll donut.

I never knew u were in the army dude, i wouldn't screw with u so much for fear of being pummelled.

ever since i got rid of aol i've been bored --- hence, dear abby...lmfao.
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    edited November 2002
    Actualy...I'm ex-navy..and may be going back for the Reserves....

Vinnie..you need to get a life man... Polk website will numb the mind and sole! How the ID's?

peace Mr Abby:lol:
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited November 2002
    i've got a life -- well sort of... lol -- but between classes when i have like a 1 hour break and NOTHING to do (god forbid me studying or something productive like that) -- the forum is somethin to do..lol

how are the id's?? how are the id's...???????????/ NEED YOU EVEN ASK!!! -- they're superb, in every manner and form, in every sound and detail -- lets just say I'll never be able to shop for subwoofers at a basic retail store again.

:)