Help - RTi10 with no Bass

Options
jsuboh
jsuboh Posts: 5
edited September 2006 in Troubleshooting
Hello,

I need help troubleshooting my RTi10. I have had them for over a year and a half and they have been working fine until last week. The bass seems to have disappeared and my volume is lower. I am using a Sony 5000es receiver and I have tested it on another pair of speakers and they sound fine. What gets me is that both L/R speakers exhibit the same problem, no bass. Any ideas?

Thanks

JS
Post edited by jsuboh on

Comments

• PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited September 2006
    Options
    Welcome to the forum. One thing to check is to make sure that the terminal jumpers on the back of the speakers are still securely fastened.
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited September 2006
    Options
    check the settings of your AVR, as mentioned above, check jumpers, it has to be a setting change, or try testing the speakers on a different channel. Also check the A/B speaker selection, I had this problem and finally figured out I was on the wrong selection. Hope you get it going.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • jsuboh
    edited September 2006
    Options
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for your reply but no luck. I even reset my AVR and the same thing. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

JS
  • jsuboh
    edited September 2006
    Options
    Hello again,

I am going to try what the guy did on the other thread with the CSi5 - It sounds similar to my problem. I'll let you know.

Thanks again,

JS
  • jsuboh
    edited September 2006
    Options
    Okay,

This is what I have done;

1. Attached speaker cable to lower connectors (with Banana Plugs)
    Same results - no Bass

2. Removed Spreaker Connector Bridge and attached cable to lower connectors
    I get sounds such as voices and Frequecies above 150 Hz but no Base. Speaks still work, so they are not blown

My guess is that the Crossover is blown?? Any other suggestions?

Thanks again,

JS
  • Ern Dog
    Ern Dog Posts: 2,237
    edited September 2006
    Options
    1) Try eliminating the avr as the problem by hooking the speakers up on a different avr.

2) Call Polk and talk to a tech person about their opinion and options.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited September 2006
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm not use what could be causing what you are experiencing. You have indicated that both drivers appear to be working, correct? But, you have noticed a reduction in bass, correct? You have checked your receiver's settings for front speakers set to "large" or unfiltered, correct? If it were me I would, one-at-a-time, remove each of the 7" drivers from the cabinet, disconnect their wires. And, at a moderate playing volume, try playing each driver directly powered by your receiver. This would determine if each of the drivers is operating properly when isolated from the rest of your system. Let me know what you find.
    Regards, Ken
  • jsuboh
    edited September 2006
    Options
    I will give it a try this weekend - thanks for the suggestion

JS