PSW303 - trouble when set to "auto"

Options
RSteveKadish
RSteveKadish Posts: 1
edited September 2006 in Troubleshooting
Hi all,

I have owned a PSW303 subwoofer for 3 1/2 years or so, and up until now it has worked wonderfully. I recently moved, so the current hookup is new.

I've just noticed a problem that only occurs when the subwoofer is set to "auto." The light flickers between red and yellow, almost never going green. The unit produces a low-volume, static-filled sound.

If I switch the unit to "on" the light goes green and it sounds as good as ever. Sometimes, after I've had it "on" for a while, I can switch it back to "auto" and get normal operation for a while until the light starts flickering red/yellow again. I've always used it on "auto" before this started.

Does this sound like a hookup problem? Or is there a problem with the subwoofer itself?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
- Steve
Post edited by RSteveKadish on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited September 2006
    Options
    Hello,
    Thanks for posting on the Forum. I believe you are experiencing a difficulty with the bass amplifier. There really isn't a yellow LED, I imagine both the red and green portions of the LED are on simultaneously, giving a yellow color. It would be best to remove the AC power cord and take out the screws that go around the circumference of the amplifier's input plate. The complete amplifier should come away from the cabinet and you'll notice a red wire and a black wire leading from the circuitry to the 10" woofer. Follow these wires to the woofer and remove them from the woofer's terminals. This completes the removal, box the amplifier up and send it to Polk Audio, 2550 Britannia Blvd., Suite A, San Diego, CA. 92154. Please include a short note giving us your name, address, daytime telephone number and a copy of your sales receipt. the service folks will quickly determine the best course of action.
    Regards, Ken