SDA SRS2.3 woofers

Matchbox
Matchbox Posts: 2
Being the proud owner of a pair of stunning refrigerator sized (and even cooler) Mathew's signatures, I wonder if anyone can tell me if there is a chance of getting to buy some woofers. There is six of them in each cabinet (two of them looking realy weird!) and from time to time (not very often though) they litherally jumps out of the cabinet. I also wonder why it tends to happen only when guys like Arnold or Bruce comes around...
Getting back with some pictures later on...

Regards from Norway (its 1846pm):rolleyes:
Post edited by Matchbox on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited November 2002
    Matchbox,

Welcome!

You can buy new drivers from Polk, look at the Service and Parts heading. The two "weird" looking ones have donuts (rings) added to slow their speed down. The drivers usually are trouble free, but the tweeters can fry. You have SL2000 tweeters which in the original form are no longer available, but Polk does have "a replacement" so, not to worry. You can do a search here for more info on SDA speakers and SL2000/SL3000 tweeters. Do you have the SDA interconnect cable? These are great speakers, ENJOY!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Matchbox
    Matchbox Posts: 2
    edited November 2002
    Thanks, F1nut
    for your kind welcoming an interresting info! If I´d looked around first, I guess I would have found the "Service and Parts" - too eager to post a message maybe... Anyway - nice to know that the parts for these, as you said, great speakers, are still around! Yes - in fact I have one interconnect cable, which I got from a friend of mine some years ago, who didn´t see any point in using it. But the sad thing is that since his speaker was of an older model than mine it does not fit to the terminals. What does it do - realy? Do you have a pair of these speakers too?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited November 2002
    Matchbox,

The interconnect cable is for the SDA effect and your cable must be the pin/pin type, while your speakers are the pin/blade. The pin/blade is no longer available from Polk, but you can change one of the pins to a blade (spade) type. Rat Shack sells them. By using the cable you will get a wider, deeper and fuller soundstage with sounds (at times) from way outside the speakers. If you don't have a manual, get one from Polk. It will explain all this in more detail and also the proper set up which is basically speakers pointed straight ahead (do not toe in) and at least 3 feet from any side wall. Also, 6 to 8 feet apart from each other. *Warning!* Do not use mono blocks or a non-common ground amp without the AI-1 interface cable as you will damage the speakers/amp.
    I have the 2.3 TL verison which uses the SL3000 tweeters, no donuts and a different crossover.
    BTW, Har has posted (somewhere) a way to make a interconnect cable. He also hordes SDA's :lol:
    If you have more questions, just ask and keep us posted.

F1nut
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk