I think I have reached a resting point!!

stevew14
stevew14 Posts: 130
edited October 2002 in Speakers
When I brought home the rti 150s last week, I moved my monitor 10bs to the rear and tried that on for size. It worked for me, so I took the rti 28s I bought last spring back to CC and traded them in for credit. While I was at it, I took back the csi30 center I had and was going to trade it up for the csi40. They didn't have any in stock, so I bought the floor model instead. They knocked off 100 bucks, and though I was a bit leary of buying used, the price seemed right and it sounds quite a bit nicer than the 30. All three front speakers are biwired too. Awesome sound all around!!

Now I just want to sit back and enjoy the current lineup. I've reached the end of my upgrade capital.
Post edited by stevew14 on

Comments

• HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited October 2002
    That sure sounds like a damn nice place to be!

Great Settup!
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • carvinman1
    carvinman1 Posts: 62
    edited October 2002
    I finally reached the point where my system really makes me smile. I don't think I will be upgrading anything for a good long while. My system now consists of the following:

RT800i Mains
    CS400i Center
    RT35i Surrounds
    SVS 20-39PCi Sub
    Outlaw 1050 Receiver
    Aragon 4004MKII Two Channel Amp (for powering mains)

The most recent addition was the SVS sub. After adding the Aragon amp, the Polk PS350 sub just could not keep up.
    This system also does really well for two channel music.
    Later,
    Danny
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited October 2002
    No more A/V upgrades for me as well. Just need to finish building the room to house it all.

Mits 46" 16:9
    Marantz SR5000 (pre/pro)
    Monster HTS-2500
    JVC Progressive Player
    4 Adcom GFA-535 Amps
    CS400
    RT55's
    RT25i's
    Tempest SonoSub

Once the new room is complete. I'm gonna stock up on beer (lots of), sit back and enjoy all the DVDs these next few months are bringing.

Then, onto the GyroCopter project.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited October 2002
    pssst...have you listened to the Lsi's?
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • stevew14
    stevew14 Posts: 130
    edited October 2002
    yeah...I hear the first one is free!!
  • Janusch
    Janusch Posts: 132
    edited October 2002
    Don't tease us rt line people frank. I know my system sounds alot better if I don't go to listen to those damn home breaker speakers.
  • Ron-P
    edited October 2002
    I love my RT's, no need for Lsi here. I figure I can build 1/3rd of my gyrocopter for the price of upgrading to the Lsi's.

If...
  • Janusch
    edited October 2002
    Hey Ron-P, thought I go see your setup in the DriftWood, but to many people bet me to it. I guess the RTs are more popular then the LSI since I can get to Frank's site :)

By the way how do you get those winking smilies?
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited October 2002
    Where you are at ...I'd like to be.My upgrades this time I hope that it will be it for a long time.I looked hard for new speakers and found my way back home with the Lsi's.Pre amps and amps.........well I didn't look real hard as the Rotel blew my skirt clean off me.....after a run of flagship receivers.....and a couple of B&K demo's...I feel the Rotel is the one..or should I say Rotel's........I can't wait 2 just come home,sit down and completely enjoy my system.......I think liv4fam has found his with Def Tech and the B&K avr307.......his system sounds great.And funny thing is he actually likes it.......

Time will tell if I can reach this ...........
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Ron-P
    edited October 2002
    Sorry about the web site. The pics I had up were too large and they ate up traffic bandwidth. Earthlink usually sends me a warning, they did not this time. I'll have to redo my pics and shrink the size down a bit to allow for more traffic.

If...
  • Janusch
    edited October 2002
    Thanks Ron,
    Tell me when you get it up and running I'm looking forward to seeing your setup.
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited October 2002
    Nice rig! Congrats. It's time to start another system for the basement, garage, bedroom, utility closet, etc.

Variety is the spice of life.
    Make it Funky! :)