Just kicking this around while sitting here!!

mantis
mantis Posts: 17,032
edited October 2002 in Electronics
So what is it??

When your looking for new receivers/amps/pre amps that get you out there to do so?

Sound quality?Features?Just for the hell of it???What is it that you look for????How much does the price prevent you from getting what you really want?

I was sitting here wondering these things........I'm waiting for the house to be complete to upgrade into my new theater amps and preamp.Mrs Mantis wants me not to spend heavy amounts of cash untill we move in...........I don't understand her logic......if she has any.......but I respect it as I am still left with a real nice 2 channel system to enjoy untill we move.

After I installed all my rt and Denon system at my uncles house.I have been left Home Theaterless for the first time in like 16 years.........I feel weird about it.After I got my old system out, she asked if I'm gonna upgrade everything now......I said.......no I'm gonna wait untill we move to finish it off, then it will give me more time to think about exactly what I want to do.......she feels thats exactly the right thing to do as she doesn't want me spending incredible amounts of money right now....just incase we need something up untill the move...........I understand but now I got upgrade fever so bad...I feel the need to go take it out.

2 channel is real nice.....for awhile, untill you watch a couple of movies, have to get off the couch to make volume adjustments ,and have no rears or sub to thrill you......

:(
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
Post edited by mantis on

Comments

• jrausch
    jrausch Posts: 510
    edited October 2002
    Don't you get a big discount for selling audio. Kick backs for selling X amount of product. Who needs money?
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited October 2002
    I'm not a salesman.I'm an Installer.So I still need money 2 purchase the things I would like to have.Not to mention I like things we don't carry,like Polk and Rotel.......and now Transparent......
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • jrausch
    jrausch Posts: 510
    edited October 2002
    Find a Rep that likes what your installing and trade out. You must install something of quality. I know Krell, Martin Logan, Klipsch can be had for @ least 50-60% off retail. If you sell Def Tech you get 1 complete system a year @70% off w/free factory delivery, But you can't E-bay it for 1year. I have a friend who just started back in sales and he tells me all of the grand perks. If you don't get the deep dicounts, trade out your installation services to a salesman who wants to install all of his half off inwalls. A salesman only uses up so many of his perks for his needs; the rest is for good friends like us. :D
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited October 2002
    I look constantly for anything, most of which I don't need. When I find something I really like, I shop around for the best price. I finally realize that the original find was the best of the bunch. By then it's gone. My music sounds the same, but it serves my hunting needs and is much cheaper.
    Make it Funky! :)