CSi40 Tweeter is dead

Options
doggie750
doggie750 Posts: 1,160
edited August 2006 in Troubleshooting
:(
I bought this used from Circuit City or Frys like 3 years ago.......There should be a warranty on this. I have moved 3x and as far as receipts go....still searching the house...........I will call the Polk service today but I heard this is the forum to go.............PLEASE advise.:(

All imaginable troubleshooting is conducted, rest assured the TWEETER is RIP..........
Godspeed,
D0661E

AVR:Pioneer Elite SC-07
Surrounds: RTis
2channel:Rti100 (carver driven
Sub:SVS PB12-Plus/2
Dedicated AMPs:Adcom GFA535, 2xCarver 1.5t, Carver m1.0t
Wsrn:Hitachi ultra vision LCD60, 32XBR400
PowerConditioner: MonsterC HTS5100
PS3, Toshiba HD A2, etc: SonySACD/ Panasonic gears DIVX.

MR3LIGION: Polkaudio; GSXR; E46; Reeftank;
Odyclub; Xsimulator; Sony; Zune; Canon
Post edited by doggie750 on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Hello,
    The process is pretty simple. Remove the tweeter from the cabinet and send to Polk Audio, 2550 Britannia Blvd., Suite A, San Diego, CA. 92154. Please include a short note giving us your name, address and a copy of your sales receipt. Most audio stores can look up your purchase history and print you a copy of your purchase. Make a copy of this and send it along with the tweeter.
    Regards, Ken
  • doggie750
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I just called your CS..........and heard you're all in the meeting.........The delimma that I got........."IF I dont find or get my receipt.....am I screwed" The unit was manufactured < 4 years (I hope so) So that should apply with or without the receipt......:rolleyes:
    Godspeed,
    D0661E

• [Deleted User]
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Hello,
    Do you remember where you purchased the center channel? Would you have a copy of the charge card statement or cancelled check that you used to buy it? If you can't remember where you bought it and don't have any way of providing a copy of the check/statement then explain as much as possible in the accompanying note when and where the unit was purchased. In all likelihood the service department will do a one time replacement as a courtesy.
    It just makes life easier when you keep track of your sales receipts.
    Regards, Ken
  • doggie750
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Fair enough..........I am still trying to do my best getting my receipts, All my speakers were purchased at Circuit City except for my CSi40. So far I only got receipts for my RTi38 :( .....I need to find all of them for my SAKE....just in case........It just hard when you move 3x in < 2years..........
    Godspeed,
    D0661E

• [Deleted User]
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Hello,
    I understand, just go ahead and send the tweeter in and explain the situation, it will be fine. In the meantime, you are correct, it would be best to have a proof of purchase. That's always a good idea.
    Take care, Ken