Psw450

Options
butcher59
butcher59 Posts: 2
edited August 2006 in Troubleshooting
I have a PSW450 and it is not working, I checked the fuse, it was good. No output from the transformer p/n: T-0142E. secondary ohms out OK, primary is open. Is this common? Where can I get a transformer if you dont have any more troubleshooting steps for me to complete?
Post edited by butcher59 on

Comments

• polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I own one of those as well. Not too sure about the transformer output readings. Do the heatsinks on the back feel warm after the unit has been plugged in for awhile, whether or not it's turned on? I ask this because mine did all the time, until I plugged it in to its own switch-controlled outlet. Now, it only gets warm when in use. If not, you probably will need to contact Polks customer service. I understand they're very good.
    Also, how do you have the sub hooked up? LFE jack? Speaker wire or line-level inputs? If LFE is your method (like mine), check your settings in your electronics. Without knowing this, it's hard to say what should be tried next.
    Again, if there's no output at all, I would say the power supply is done.
    Good luck.
    BTW, welcome to Club Polk!
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • butcher59
    butcher59 Posts: 2
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Thanks for the input but there is 120V going into the transformer and 0V going out, doesnt really matter how its hooked up. I sent an e-mail to customer service. will update this thread with corrective action
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Hello,
    It would be best to send the complete bass amplifier to Polk Audio, 2550 Britannia Blvd., Suite A, San Diego, CA. 92154. Please include a short note giving us your name, address and a copy of your sales receipt.
    Regards, Ken