LSI 15 grille

Options
Jockos
Jockos Posts: 310
edited July 2006 in Troubleshooting
My 19mo. old managed to topple over a large stool. Unfortunately it swiped my LSI leaving a small dent on the left cherry veener. It's hardly noticeable though; it didn't break the veener. It did leave a small hole in the grille for the 8" woofer. I guess I need to get a replacement grill. Hopefully I just need the cloth. Does anyone know if the grille is 1 piece? How do I pull it out and is there just staples holding it on to some sort of frame?

Thanks

Jockos
Post edited by Jockos on

Comments

• DAMCB
    DAMCB Posts: 35
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Hi Jockos-
    I asked Polk CS for the part number and price for the LSi15 8" woofer grille on June 29,06. They said that the 8" grille has part number RF0647-1 and costs $12.00 ea. You can order it by calling Polk Parts Dept.@ 800-377-7655. Good Luck!
    Don
  • Jockos
    Jockos Posts: 310
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Thanks,

Jockos
  • bertram
    bertram Posts: 53
    edited July 2006
    Options
    The grille is 1 piece which is held in place by friction. You can pry it out by gently inserting the tip of a small flat screwdriver into the crevice between grille and wood body. Do this at several points along the circumference until enough of the grille emerges for you to be able to pull the rest out by hand. Do not leverage the screwdriver against the side of the wood hole as that may chip it, just press down on it so that the tip catches hold of the grille side.
    Multichannel Music:

Sony SCD-C2000ES SACD
    Denon 3803 AVR (pre/pro duty)
    Outlaw 755 amp
    Outlaw ICBM
    Polk LSi15/LSiC/LSi9 (front/center/surround)
    SVS PCU

HT:

Sony 9100ES DVD
    Outlaw 990 pre/pro
    Outlaw 7100 amp
    Panasonic TH-37PX50U plasma
    Polk RTi8/CSi5/RTi6/FXi5(front/center/surround/back)
    SVS PCU