Surroundbar and Yamaha RX-V2600

Options
Dominus
Dominus Posts: 2
edited July 2006 in Troubleshooting
Hi I just purchased a polk surroundbar and a yamaha RX-V2600 receiver. I hooked up all the wires as instructed and I ran the optimizer YPAO to optimize the settings for the receiver. Everything came out ok EXCEPT it keeps on complaining about the polarity being wrong on the surround right channel. I double and triple checked the polarity on the back of the surroundbar and the receiver. It still gives me the same issue. I changed the wires and it still gives me the same crap. Do you guys think I have a defective surroundbar? Any other tips to try before I return the speaker to crutchfield? Thanks!
Post edited by Dominus on

Comments

• Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited July 2006
    Options
    You should get and answer from Ken Swauger on this in the morning. I am inclined to say that it may be due to the SDA wiring portion of the surround bar causing this issue with your setup. I'm not certain how this effect is handled in the new bar, but in the older SDA lineup, there was an out of phase driver kinda crosswired to give the effect, thus my thoughts on your question.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable