Disturbed.........believe!!!!!!!

Options
mantis
mantis Posts: 17,057
edited October 2002 in Music & Movies
So who picked this up???I did ,did you????

Well I must admit....the first opening song...Prayer.....there best yeat I feel.I'm not really into Heavy Metal/new age/or whatever it's called today, but damn these guys are good.I got both there cd's and I like em.........cool demo music........LOL:)
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
Post edited by mantis on

Comments

• scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited October 2002
    Options
    Think we already spoke about this one. Cheaper to get when it was released opening week. #1 on sells that week. Bought there Down With the Sickness cd about half a year before they hit the radio and knew they were going to be huge. Believe was the promotion track that is being played on the radio. It is a total SELLOUT album. The first cd is WAY better. These guys are on the Creed pop climb. I am a huge fan so I am a bit disapointed. Never the less they are incrediable in consert. Going to see them in a month with Korn and Trust Company.
  • mantis
    edited October 2002
    Options
    I got it today at Tower on sale for 13.99....I'm cool with that price.

Sell out huh.......I'm listening to it right now and the only song I feel lacks on the cd is the last song"Darkness" It lacks feeling.It's trying to come out but it's 2 monural sounding..I can feel it but then it looses luster.

The cd is good other then that.....I still like Prayer the best so far.It's bussiness man..all bands "sell out" in one shape or another......its about the money.I hate it when It happens,one of the reasons I have up that dream myself.I used to write not anymore.
    Dan
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited October 2002
    Options
    all bands "sell out" in one shape or another
    Just musicly im speaking of. Bands like Coal Chamber - Static x - Kitty - Slayer - System of the Down have gotten even heavier. I have much respect for that.
    Glad ya like Disturbed - they sound even better live. Check out their first album - it rocks!
  • shiznit311
    shiznit311 Posts: 95
    edited October 2002
    Options
    I've had both CD's since there respective release dates. I don't get the sell out thing... I think the Believe is better than The Sickness. Maybe my memory is getting bad or something though; I haven't listened to The Sickness in awhile. Damn I'm still bummed, I was supposed to get to see them on the 21st.

If you're looking for another good CD get Filter's new CD. Came out the same day as Believe I think. Its called The Amalgamut. First time I listened to it I was like, "it's ok"; but I was stuck on Believe then. Played it a day or two later and it freaking rocks. I can't stop listening to it now. If you like this type of music, you won't be disappointed...
  • mantis
    edited October 2002
    Options
    Scott,
    I own Down with the sickness..I picked that up when it came out.The radio version caught my attention.I think it's a really good album.The new Believe album is even better in ways but it's at least a equal..........not common in todays music.

I tipically don't care for this style of music anymore,I calmed down in my later years.
    Dan
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited October 2002
    Options
    i think the sickness could use the believe cd as paint on walls....its sorry compared to the old one...
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC