How can I fix my room accoustics?

Options
machineman
machineman Posts: 11
edited June 2006 in Troubleshooting
I have a HT with CS400 and 4 RT55's plus Sub. In my old HT it sounded great. Now I moved and finished the basement in the new house, built a custom HT but it sounds terrible. The ceiling is a custom coffered ceiling made by Owens Corning called Quietzone Acoustyle. Well between the partially eposed cermic tile floor, the drywalls and ceiling it is way too lively and basically sounds like crap.

Any ideas how I can get my sound back?:confused:
Post edited by machineman on

Comments

• read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited June 2006
    Options
    I have experenced the same situation when the HT was moved from rooms with a carpeted floor to hardwood and then to ceramic tile. I found that rugs and drapery helps. I joked in another thread about buying another house to help my SDA's accoustics. There are guys here who can help and I'm sure they will, just hold on.
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • pjdami
    pjdami Posts: 1,894
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Can you post a picture of your room from the seating position? A picture is worth a thousand words. I agree with the area rugs and "soft" wall decorations. If this is a dedicated HT room, I'm sure you can fix it with the correct decor.
  • pfenton
    pfenton Posts: 30
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Since you've spent so much money on the system, and you obviously want it to sound its best, why not hire a professional acoustician to evaluate the listening area? You'll waste less time and have better results.
  • kingkip
    kingkip Posts: 401
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Accoustic panels do wonders as well, many pro models and easy DIY.
    There are two ways to argue with women. Both of them are wrong.