Static in Front Right speaker

Options
gambit980
gambit980 Posts: 5
edited June 2006 in Troubleshooting
I have had this HK reciever for about 3 months and it has been working great with my RTI 6 front speakers. Last week I turn on my amplifer and I hear static in my front right speaker. It almost sounds like a radio station. I have disconnect the front right, and put it back same problem. I've switch out the speaker wire for monster cable same problem. And I am using monster banna clips as the connection to the reciever. This is my second amp I've had problems with form HK and I really don't want to have to return this one. I hope someone can offer me a soultion.
thank you,
Gambit
Post edited by gambit980 on

Comments

• polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Did you try swapping the left and right speakers? Cables?
    Maybe the problem is in the banana plug or somewhere else in the connection.
    Swapping the speakers will tell you if the problem is in the HK or the RTi.
    If you eliminate the RTi as not being the problem, try blowing out the vents of the receiver with one of those cans of compressed air used for computers and such. My $ .02 worth.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited June 2006
    Options
    as Pol said, swap the speakers (r to l and L to R) if the problem follows the speaker, then its the speaker or wire. If it doesnt, then its the reciever or source ?!?! I have to wager a guess it isnt the speaker if it is a constant static, but I could be wrong.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • gambit980
    gambit980 Posts: 5
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Yeah I think it is the Reciever, I will try to swap the lines tonight to see what happens. Any ideas if it is the reciever?