yamaha cd players

MxStYlEpOlKmAn
MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
edited October 2002 in Electronics
from what i can see, there is no way to turn the cd players on without getting up and pressing power on! is there a special word they use instead of power on off?
Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
I promised myself
No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
Damn you all! - ATC
Post edited by MxStYlEpOlKmAn on

Comments

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited October 2002
    if you can power on/off using remote, I think it should make some reference to "standby" mode. i don't know how old yours is, but i think it's ridiculous that newer equipment doesn't have it. i guess someone figures to save a certain number of pennies per unit by saying that you should just leave it on & plug it into the back of your rcvr.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2002
    Perhaps they are thinking you will want to load/change cds anyway when you power up. I just looked at my HK changer and ADC 16/2, no power button on the remote either.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited October 2002
    Hmm, my Cal Labs has a power button but it is only a single disk player... I wonder?
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • RuSsMaN
    edited October 2002
    My ADC is single disc too....
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited October 2002
    its brand new, and i was really bored and looked over the remote, and there is absolutely no power button, because the cds i already wanna hear are in and i dont wanna get up...but it dont matter
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • RuSsMaN
    edited October 2002
    Plug it into your rec/pre, golden.
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited October 2002
    Nope...no stand by mode on those Yammie CD players, they're kinda old fashion, same as my old Yammie CD player, but I think it's OK, helps my fingers...:D
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited October 2002
    it is plugged into my receiver, the receiver cant even turn it on by its remote..HAAAAAA ohh well, i get foot exercise...lo
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • RuSsMaN
    edited October 2002
    MxSoMeSuch, if the cd player is 'on', and plugged into said rec's switched outlets, it will turn on when the rec does, period.

I've got a 1979 Sherwood dial-tune that will work wonders as far as turning that bootch on, $10 and its yours.... ;)

Cheers,
    Russ
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited October 2002
    thanks for the help...lol! i need to change my name to that...mxsomesuch....thats weird
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • liv4fam
    liv4fam Posts: 311
    edited October 2002
    Some CD players do not come on when you plug them into the back of the receivers, instead they go into standby which if that is the case you can usually press eject on the remote and that will take it out of standby- depending which model you have of course!

The Denon players of today still do not give us a power button on the remote nor do they have a standby switch on the front but a hard pop-out switch. That is such an old school way for equipment and it's really annoying when trying to custom control it.

Anyways, try the eject key and let us know if that works.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited October 2002
    And he's back....
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited October 2002
    damm...life is suck, isn't it?
  • RuSsMaN
    edited October 2002
    You could not have said it any better Pete.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2002
    life is suck....

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

I LOVE that phrase

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut