Psw 202 Dead

Options
bomberman
bomberman Posts: 2
edited June 2006 in Troubleshooting
For the second time in less than a year my Subwoofer PSW 202 is not working. The first time i needed a capacitor replaced. Then it worked. I hardly use the system, and when I do, I don't "crank" it. Never abused. So recently i turned on the system knowing the booming bass should be pumping out at a certain scene in a movie, and nothing. I look on the back and there is no power light...and yes there was power, and it was switched on. I had a tech locally look at it and he said, something is fried on the circuit board.
Anyone ever have problems with this sub? any recalls.. or something i might of missed. The Sub is only 3 yrs old. :confused:
thanks
Post edited by bomberman on

Comments

• michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Unfortunatly that particular sub has a history of having it's amp just up and die. You should be able to send it to polk and they'll fix it asap. Try calling customer service or sending a private message to Kenneth Swauger.

The same thing happened to my dad's sub and all he had to do was send it in. They promptly fixed it and returned it good as new. It's been a few years and it's still kicking.
  • bomberman
    bomberman Posts: 2
    edited June 2006
    Options
    thanks micheal. I will do that...