Sennheiser Headphones

Ceruleance
Ceruleance Posts: 991
edited October 2002 in Electronics
Hey, I was wondering if anyone is very familiar with both the sennheiser HD580 and HD600. Ive heard good things about both of them and I was wondering If the 600's are worth the money over the 580's. There isnt a dealer anywhere near me and I'm at school so it's not like I can drive anywhere. Please leave me a post if you can offer your opinion. (and there's a poll!)

thanks
Post edited by Ceruleance on

Comments

• jmasterj
    jmasterj Posts: 327
    edited September 2002
    Grado Labs

I have a pair of SR-60's.For my discman, andI plan to get a pair of SR- 125's for home. Both are open air design with good bass, mid,
    and highs. The 125's are at the stereophile level without costing
    a lot of money. Fit and comfort are ok too. Check them out.
    JmasterJ Polk to the Death
  • etrigan
    etrigan Posts: 160
    edited September 2002
    www.headwize.com

CHEERS ! jefff
    Art as expression-Not as market campaigns-Will still capture our imaginations.
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited September 2002
    Anyone have any experience with wireless headphones?

If you do let me know the pros and cons. One obvious pro is the manueverability (sp?)
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • Ceruleance
    edited September 2002
    About wireless headphones: I was considering them too, but i heard some bad stuff, like poor quality sound and not good reception or range, not to mention if they have to put a battery in there they are going to feel really heavy. If you need wirless headphones i'd recommend picking up a cheap pair from a big electronics company, because paying for quality sennheiser sound is pointless if it gets ruined in the transition. Thats my two cents.

about grado's:
    I've heard of them, good things, but as for the SR60's and 80's, i have a pair of sennheiser HD497's already and those two models wouldnt be much of an improvement I cant imagine. If I ever get to auditioning I will definitely listen to some of the comparable higher end models if they have them. Thanks for replying!
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited September 2002
    I will compare the two models today at the store I work at, and get back to you later tonight. I'm pretty sure we have both models.
  • Ceruleance
    edited September 2002
  • fireshoes
    edited September 2002
    I didn't get the chance to listen on Firday, and then I was gone for the weekend, watching the Rams lose again. I will listen to them the next time I work.
  • Ceruleance
    edited September 2002
    alright, i will stay tuned
  • jmasterj
    edited October 2002
    I ordered the Grado Lab SR 125's this weekend they are in route. I'll tell you what I think in a few days. Keep watching
  • fireshoes
    edited October 2002
    I checked the headphones at work and it turns out we don't have the 580's or the 600's. We do have several other Sennheisers, but I guess the others were discontinued or something.
  • Ceruleance
    edited October 2002
    thats ok, thanks for looking.

So, I still need someone who has sampled a broad range of headphones (or at least these two) to give their opinion, Anyone?
  • jmasterj
    edited October 2002
    Ok I got the SR-125s yesterday, first impression is they are more
    refined, and detailed then the SR-60's. They don't have the mini-
    plug like the 60's which suggest they are designed for a home
    system. They also seem to handle more power. They fit over the
    ear where as the 60's sit on the ear both are open air design. I'll
    listen some more and give some more comments. With out a doubt these are the best pair of headphones Iv'e ever owned.
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited October 2002
    here is the deal that you can get at audioadvisor.com this week:

Sennheiser
    HD580 Headphone with Free Wireless RS30 Headphone

both for $199:)
  • Ceruleance
    edited October 2002
    thanks, but you can beat that combined deal looking around the web, plus i dont particularly want a third pair of sennheisers... damn expensive hobbies