6x9's in a Wrangler

phantom22
phantom22 Posts: 5
edited May 2006 in Custom Fabrication
i have 6x9's that i need to put in a jeep wrangler. i had the speakers mounted in a 67' mustang before and the trunk acted like a huge box for them, and they souunded great. Now i have them in a little box in the back of the jeep and they sound like crap. How can i mount these to get the best sound?
Post edited by phantom22 on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited May 2006
    you'll have to be a little more specific... do they have less bass? do they sound less clear? you're sure they're not blown? and you're sure the boxes they're in now are solid and sealed?
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • phantom22
    edited May 2006
    They just seem to hold less bass than before. I have no idea about the box. But i do know that the speakers arn't blown
  • neomagus00
    edited May 2006
    you could put them in a bigger sealed box, you could try a vented box (a relatively original idea), you could move them closer to the front... lots of options...

how much are you willing to modify the car? what kind of amplification do you have?

oh, and note that a vehicle like the wrangler, if it's got one of those cloth roof thingies, will generally give less bass...

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • phantom22
    edited May 2006
    yeah I have just decided to go with 2 12' subs in the back...
  • neomagus00
    edited May 2006
    or you could do that :p