Whaty kind of coin...

Options
2»

Comments

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited April 2006
    Options
    Camelot rang a bell, but not in association with AA...

Found this:
    http://www.audioweb.com/Directory/DirectoryInfo.asp?companyid=154
    They're a PA company while AA was in CA...

Bob,
    Have you ever double DTI'd your digital signal?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited April 2006
    Options
    Bruce,
    I doubled my DTI before. It did provide a very noticeable improvement over running just one. The detail in the mids was unreal. I miss my AA stuff:(. They weren't as accurate as my NAD's internal DAC but they were much more MuSiCaL! Truth vs. Beauty thing.
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited April 2006
    Options
    Bruce,
    If I remember right it was Dusty (or another ex-AA person) that told us that (originally) it was the AA designs and cases being used by Camelot. (We had asked him why the Camelot equipment looked exactly like AA's equipment line.) We were in contact with a couple of other AA guys after the demise of AA tring to see if the company was going to be revived some how. I have the names and phone numbers somewhere of maybe three guys.... I think a Paul was one of the other guys... I'd have to do some records searching. We kept up with where the guys were and what they were up to for a couple of years and eventually things got dropped.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited April 2006
    Options
    From what I've been reading...I'd love to get my hands on a DLC one day. They seem to be pretty scarce, though.

How do y'all who have the DLC like using the remote for everything? Looks like it's substantial enough.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Tour2ma
    edited April 2006
    Options
    Only issue with the remote is, if you lose it, or it quits on you, you are up **** Creek. I'd been "fixin' to" buy a progammable remote as a back up for a couple years. Then I saw one on ebay and snapped it up.

But then I bagged a NIB DLC sans remote putting myself back to square one...

Bob,
    Cool that you made some AA connections. So did you ever test spin Camelot gear?

Maurice,
    Ain't it weird how often musical and accurate are at odds with each other?

Probably why I love Carver so much... because it's "Powerful... Musical... Accurate". I know because I have tee-shirt that says so... ;)
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited April 2006
    Options
    The DLC remotes are really built to last and last but Bruce is quite right... if you end up without it for some reason you're in trouble.

Bruce, I never did get any of the Camelot stuff as I was happy with the AA stuff which was still fairly new then and was off in a different direction with my money.

It did suck though that AA went down the way they did. I also wish I could remember more about what went on with Camelot...
  • Tour2ma
    edited April 2006
    Options
    Yup... AA had a good thing going in their Digital niche, but they had to try and go into amps and such...

On another note...
    I knew that CIA power station looked familiar. AA had a model DTI PS that has the same case with the "slots" in its sides.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Tour2ma wrote:
    Yup... AA had a good thing going in their Digital niche, but they had to try and go into amps and such...

On another note...
    I knew that CIA power station looked familiar. AA had a model DTI PS that has the same case with the "slots" in its sides.

I think the model is "HPPS" on that CIA power supply.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d