SDA SRS drivers popping at high volume

Options
1235»

Comments

• vikashp
    vikashp Posts: 11
    edited April 2006
    Options
    I use my 2.3's for home theater also with a Denon Pre-Pro. The denon has an auto calibration which uses a mic in the listener position to auto eq, delay, level each speaker. I take it no one else uses these features? I guess it still considered tone control.

Vik
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited April 2006
    Options
    Tour,

FWIW, my NAD loudness button did very bad things to my 1C's drivers at volume, I suppose each manufacture's "boost" might have varying degrees of gain. I hardly ever used it, but did once and forgot about it, when I hit the gain, ouch, that was a very nervous moment.

RT1
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited April 2006
    Options
    I guess NAD is just not up to Heathkit's level of sophistication... ;)
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    edited April 2006
    Options
    Tour2ma wrote:
    I guess NAD is just not up to Heathkit's level of sophistication... ;)

Plus.....NAD never had a candy bar named after them. ;)
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!