Rti tweets

Wesmo
Wesmo Posts: 74
edited September 2002 in Speakers
OK, I've really been thinking about trading my 600i's in for some RTi70's or maybe 150's, but I was wondering how baddly my 400i would match as far as movies go. Would it sound alright to upgrade the tweeter of the 400i to the silk dome of the RTi's? Or would it just be better to trade the 400i for the 40?
Wes
Post edited by Wesmo on

Comments

• scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited September 2002
    Wes, I have to say first hand that I have rt's and rti's mixed though out my hometheater and the sound is seemless. At least to my ears. ;)
  • Wesmo
    edited September 2002
    Well that'd be a good thing if I could just upgrade the mains and not have to worry about anything else....at least for a bit. If I upgrade to the 70's it probably won't be till spring, so I have some time to think about how I want to do things. I just didn't know if there was that much difference in the 400i and the 40.
  • scottvamp
    edited September 2002
    Wes - also just a suggestion. Instead a dropping over $1500 bucks on rti150's m a y b e upgrade that little 27" rca tv of yours.
    Perhaps something larger than your center channel. :lol: LOL
  • Wesmo
    edited September 2002
    Haha....don't worry scott, I've been thinking about that for quite sometime, and I think I'll try to get one for xmas. If not, then maybe instead of a speaker upgrade, I might go with a bigger tv. Toshiba has a 32 inch hdtv with an integrated tuner for a grand now, so I was thinking about that. It's not flat, but it's hd, and it's a grand, so that's pretty sweet. Besides, I still live in my bedroom, which is only about 12 by 10, so I don't need a huge display.....I also probably don't need the extra drivers in the 70's. I just want them dammit!
  • scottvamp
    edited September 2002
    Haha....don't worry scott, I've been thinking about that for quite sometime, and I think I'll try to get one for xmas.
    SANTA is COOL!:D
  • Wesmo
    edited September 2002
    yes, yes he is. I love the fat ****. hahaha
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited September 2002
    I thought he was dead????? It was posted somewhere here on the board.... I believe everything I read here!
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited September 2002
    Scottvamp is right about the RT....i and RTi sounding seamless together. My 800i sounds very good with my CSi40. I was worried about the tweeters not matching when I was purchasing them but my dealer assured me that the tweets sounds very similar. He offered to give me a refund if I didn't like the sound. I brought it home and I can't tell the tweets apart for HT.

Maurice
  • Wesmo
    edited September 2002
    Well if he's dead , then I'd like to know just who leaves me all the cool **** on Christmas......
  • burdette
    burdette Posts: 1,194
    edited September 2002
    Did you guys hear about the dyslexic devil worshipper??

Turned his life over to Santa.

Hear about the dyslexic athiest??

Didn't believe there was a dog.
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited September 2002
    Venom I'm glad you cleared that up for me!!!! I was really depressed since I saw the post.
    ***WAREMTAE***