bigsexy1

schumach
schumach Posts: 199
edited September 2002 in Speakers
bigsexy1,

What did you decide on: The Polks or the Infinities?

I hope you are enjoying which ever ones you chose.
Post edited by schumach on

Comments

• MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited September 2002
    back to my boredom thoughts...has neone put a infinity drivers in a polk? as i have heard that the infin. sounds more clearer than the polks? just wondering? lol...
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited September 2002
    i think infinities look funny...lol...i think bose speakers look like tinker toys...lol...i would go to cc and audtition the interludes...but last time i went there they didnt have nething plugged up...
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • bigsexy1
    bigsexy1 Posts: 557
    edited September 2002
    Schumach, I'm using them both. I like them both, and can't really decide. However, if pressed, I think might would probably pick the Infinity's. I think that under normal circumstances, that the Polks are a much better value than Infinity for the money, but I got the Infinitys for such a good deal at ubid.com, that the value advantage for the Polks was pretty much negated entirely, and that's also on top of considering the fact that I think I got an absolutely killer deal at a local Circuit City on my Polks when they were closing out the older RT***i line (not the newer RTi*** series). The main reason being (and I know that some of you here on this board aren't going to like hearing this) the simple fact of the matter that as the Infinity Interlude IL50s are a much, much better speaker than the Polk RT1000i are.
    I'm using the Polks with a Denon 3802 and the Infinities with an older B&K 101 receiver. It's actually pretty close, and I don't think that anyone could possibly go wrong with either one. In general, I'd say that Infinity probably has better drivers and are a little better at music, while the Polks have better built cabinets and are a little better at movies thanks to the bipole/dipole surrounds which Infinity doesn't have available.
    I'm probably going to keep the Polks though, as I have until April of next year to maybe upgrade them to the newer RTi*** line at Circuit City with their one year speaker trade up policy, but I'm really hoping that they might be carrying the LSi line by then too instead. There's still about 8 months to go, and a lot can happen between now and then. I also have complete sets of Klipsch ksp series, and a set of M&K s85 series. Those two are about as polar opposite as you can get, but they both have their own strong points and weaknesses. Maybe it's just me, but I think that maybe they are both better suited to movies than music, and that the Polks and the Infinities are better all around performers on both music and movies equally. I need to get rid of either the Klipshes or the M&ks, but that is also a very hard chioce.