test CD for subs?

nadams
nadams Posts: 5,877
edited September 2002 in Car Subwoofer Talk
Is there anywhere I can get a competition test CD for subwoofers? I'd like to see what my box can do w/ an official CD. Does such a thing even exist???

Thanks,
DooD
Ludicrous gibs!
Post edited by nadams on

Comments

• djsSHO
    djsSHO Posts: 36
    edited September 2002
    Look up "IASCA"

They are a car audio evaulator who puts out a competition disc used at official events

There are a bunch of musical tracks along with some unlimited SPL tracks on the disc....very nice :D

Hope this helps

Happy Bassing!

lol :)
    Derek S.
    1994 MTX SHO
    Polk MOMO 12"
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited September 2002
    ... it's nothing official but go snag a "Bass Mechanix" cd that has "woofer excursion" tests and other such "spl" tracks.

I tried it on my 4 DX's, and it makes my chest hurt...

I wondered for a moment whether that was a bad thing or not, then the moment left me and I went back to listening to it and trying to talk while in the car only to find that my words sounded something like when you try to talk directly into a table fan and you're words are all robotic-like. ... it was kinky. lol
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited September 2002
    Originally posted by PoweredByDodge
    ... it's nothing official but go snag a "Bass Mechanix" cd that has "woofer excursion" tests and other such "spl" tracks.

I tried it on my 4 DX's, and it makes my chest hurt...

I wondered for a moment whether that was a bad thing or not, then the moment left me and I went back to listening to it and trying to talk while in the car only to find that my words sounded something like when you try to talk directly into a table fan and you're words are all robotic-like. ... it was kinky. lol

I've been to the Bass Mechanix' website before, but can't seem to find it now. Does anyone have the URL? Is their site still around? Thanks,

DooD
    Ludicrous gibs!