LSi Sub.....

Options
cookaa
cookaa Posts: 49
edited September 2002 in Speakers
If Polk were to make a new Sub to compliment the LSi series, what would you want it to be. (Dual side firing, down firing, 10", 12", wattage, etc...)
Post edited by cookaa on

Comments

• scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited September 2002
    Options
    The PSW1200 - the one people were to cheap to buy. Think about it! :D
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2002
    Options
    I'd like to see a sealed passive model. Dual 10's or dual 12's, or maybe 1 active, 1 pr.... Musical, deep, and powerful.

Something you could throw an external amp on, or perhaps Polk selling an external amp as an option...

Maybe if they made a single driver model, have some sort of optional stand on top of the sub to 'fix' the LSi7/9 to if someone wanted to run 2 subs..... It would have a very 'geometric', but I think a very sexy look (and sound)

Maybe on that same model, have a 'pass through' , 12db\octave (active if they used a plate amp, passive if external amp) low pass @ 60-80Hz or so, run the high pass passive at 6db\octave...

Maybe get their Vandy on, run 3 8's sealed..... or a push pull design perhaps....

Just rambling here.....
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Maybe get their Vandy on, run 3 8's sealed
    Very Interesting Russ - They worked on servo's - almost bought that one but got the 1200 instead.:)
  • DAlba
    DAlba Posts: 124
    edited September 2002
    Options
    It would have to be as sexy as the current LSi loudspeakers. Something very musical like the dual 8" subs on the Rt3000p but with sound levels closer to the PSW1200. Low distortion and no bottoming out (like the RT3000p's did) and a wireless remote would be cool.

The RT3000p subs were just 8" Polk DB subs from the car audio dept. I bet they could make some dead sexy subs using the new Momo subs...
  • jdelan
    jdelan Posts: 244
    edited September 2002
    Options
    What is that Bose one???
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Huh? The only thing I think you might be talking about is the old Monitor 6 Series 2 sub, dual 6.5's, bandpassed. The lovely, former Miss Brovont runs one in her office rig.....

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited September 2002
    Options
    they need to make a dual 12 that hits below 20 hz and is a push pull design...
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC