Polk/Momo Remote Bass Gain Module

Options
lollypop7
lollypop7 Posts: 10
edited March 2006 in Car Audio & Electronics
I just received my Polk Bass Module for my polk C300.2 amp. After I hook it up what should the settings be set to on my amp. I am using both channels to power 2 12" Infiniti 1230w subs individually. Should the gain on the amp be set to "0?" Anyone else have one of these installed. No sub control on my amp. RCA's are hooked up to my HU's rear output. Thanks for any help!
Post edited by lollypop7 on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited March 2006
    Options
    from the manual, page 12: "Set GAIN to max when using the remote [bass module]"
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • Getty17331
    Getty17331 Posts: 26
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Where can I get a bass module? I bought the 500.1 used and the guy didn't include it in the box.
  • howie777
    howie777 Posts: 357
    edited March 2006
    Options
    I think they are $25 at crutchfield. Just look for the amp, then click accessories tab.
  • Getty17331
    Getty17331 Posts: 26
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Sweet, thanks man :D
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited March 2006
    Options
    are all gain modules the same? I mean, do they have the phone cord-looking connector? (RJ-11, I believe) If so, I'll sell you my HiFonics bass gain module that I've never used, for half what they're asking.
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited March 2006
    Options
    I would not imagine they are "all the same" -- while 99% of them use telephone cord as a hookup, that doesn't mean that the internals are the same... The remote bass gain is simply a remote attenuator for your gain.

That's why you set the gain to "100%" when using the remote module... the little knob lets you dial it down from 100... so that 50% on the knob, is 50% gain. or about that. if you set the gain for 50% on the amp, then 50% on the knob would be 0.5 * 0.5 = about 1/4 gain.

anyway - that being said... it's probably nothing more than a potentiometer, but the values and range for each company are probably vastly different.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge