Zebra cables interconnects

marvda1
marvda1 Posts: 4,862
edited February 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
a 3 ft. pair of zebra cable interconnects with rca connecters, less than a month old and broken in. $40 shipped.
here is a link to their web site. http://zebracables.com/analog.html
Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
Puritan PSM156
Post edited by marvda1 on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited January 2006
    Ouch!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Schris22
    Schris22 Posts: 983
    edited January 2006
    nice!
    Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR502-S
    DVD Player: Pioneer DV-578A-S
    Left and Right: R50
    Center: CS1
    Rear Center: R15
    Surrounds: R30
    Subwoofer: 10'' Dayton 100 Watt
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    edited January 2006
    Lol!
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,708
    edited January 2006
    Just checked out Zebra's site, typical cable manufacturer ripoff artists. They want $4 for each additional foot of Beldon 1694A? Blue Jeans charges $1 for each additional foot of 1694A. And then they want $10.10 to ship one cable, $4 for each additional cable? How much do they weigh?

No thanks.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,966
    edited January 2006
    Ive never owned Blue Jean Cables...

But Zebra cables are built like a freaking tank.

PS: The second reply in this thread was great! Good one Anonymouse.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • WilliamM2
    edited January 2006
    That may be true, but they are charging 4X as much per foot for the same Beldon wire. And the shipping charges are also 4X actual cost.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited January 2006
    BJC are very well built & I love the way they slip on & off without the need to wrestle with them.

My thanks to whoever it was on this board who recommended them to me!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • F1nut
    edited January 2006
    NM, it's pointless

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Burnzy
    Burnzy Posts: 250
    edited January 2006
    WilliamM2 wrote:
    Just checked out Zebra's site, typical cable manufacturer ripoff artists. They want $4 for each additional foot of Beldon 1694A? Blue Jeans charges $1 for each additional foot of 1694A. And then they want $10.10 to ship one cable, $4 for each additional cable? How much do they weigh?

No thanks.

Hello William,

The price is for the pair, so it's actually $2 a foot per cable and the shipping price, $10.10, is for UPS. UPS for smaller, lighter packages is considerably more than shipping USPS Priority mail, which by the way would only be $4.85.

Also, the price difference is in the Vampire Wire connectors as compared to Canare.

Regards,
    Scott
    SYSTEM
    HDTV ..........Sony KP-57WV600
    CD / DVD......Sony DVP-C675D
    AVR ............Denon 2801
    MAINS .........Polk RTi8
    CENTER .......Polk CSi5
    Surrounds ....Polk FXi3
    Sub ............Polk PSW-250
    Cables.........Zebra Cables
  • WilliamM2
    edited January 2006
    Gee William, just think of the money you could have saved if you bought the all the raw materials needed for your Polk speakers instead of buying them finished from Polk.

You're a real piece of work.

Who said anything about making them myself? I said BLUE JEANS CABLES. I have some, love the build quality. Try to read.
    The price is for the pair, so it's actually $2 a foot per cable and the shipping price, $10.10, is for UPS. UPS for smaller, lighter packages is considerably more than shipping USPS Priority mail, which by the way would only be $4.85.

The Blue Jeans cables are also pairs, for $1 more a foot, the Zebra's are $4. And to ship a 2lb package across the country with a UPS shipper account, is about $4, the rate doesn't increase untill the package goes over 5lbs, so three or four cables would cost no more than 1, and certainly not $4 more for each one.
  • F1nut
    edited January 2006
    NM, it's pointless

President of Club Polk

• jtgranby
    jtgranby Posts: 887
    edited January 2006
    Talk about being cheap :p I won a pair of Zebra IC's. Thanks HTrookie and Scott did send them USPS Priorty mail about $4 cross country. Look to be well built. I will hook them up in the AM and let them burn in and report back with a review IMHO :eek:
    JT
  • WilliamM2
    edited January 2006
    I'm cheap because I like Blue Jeans cables? That's odd, they seem highly reccomended around here.

Still like to know what is has to do with building my own Polks, or cables.

Your an arrogant audiophile, who thinks he knows it all, and it shows.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited January 2006
    *sits back with a bag of doritos*

and expectantly awaits the fireworks
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Gaara
    Gaara Posts: 2,415
    edited January 2006
    wow i thought anonymouse's comment was funny, well done audiobliss
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited January 2006
    if you don't like the price, DON'T FRIGGEN BUY THEM! Or if you do want them, offer him a more reasonable deal, like $40 shipped or whatever.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • Burnzy
    Burnzy Posts: 250
    edited January 2006
    Toxis wrote:
    if you don't like the price, DON'T FRIGGEN BUY THEM! Or if you do want them, offer him a more reasonable deal, like $40 shipped or whatever.

Exactly what I was going to post....

:)
    SYSTEM
    HDTV ..........Sony KP-57WV600
    CD / DVD......Sony DVP-C675D
    AVR ............Denon 2801
    MAINS .........Polk RTi8
    CENTER .......Polk CSi5
    Surrounds ....Polk FXi3
    Sub ............Polk PSW-250
    Cables.........Zebra Cables
  • F1nut
    edited January 2006
    NM, it's pointless

President of Club Polk

• marvda1
    edited February 2006
    bump
    could not recall how much i paid for the 3 ft. pair so re-calulated and hit 4 ft. by accident.
    my new lower price reflects as compared to the price of a new pair of 3ft. interconnects.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited February 2006
    F1nut wrote:
    NM, it's pointless

The high road always make you look like a better person.

I still like to see fireworks.
    POO NUGETS
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited February 2006
    Canare is lame, Vampire rules.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • mlhm5
    mlhm5 Posts: 217
    edited February 2006
    WilliamM2 wrote:

No thanks.

Thanks for the tip on Blue Jeans. I did not know about them.
  • marvda1
    edited February 2006
    what shipper are you using? usps priority is only $4.85 to tx. on their site.
    Puritan PSM156
  • marvda1
    edited February 2006
    williamM2 have you compared the price of the two cables? i think not.
    blue jeans 3ft. $38.75 s/h $5.75 total $44.50
    zebra 3ft. $44.00 s/h $4.85 total $48.85
    difference of $4.35
    this shipping to texas and the zebra's have the better vampire connectors.
    now where is the tipical manufacturer ripoff? and which is the better deal?

i rest my case.
    Puritan PSM156
  • DiscoMike
    DiscoMike Posts: 114
    edited February 2006
    Hi everyone !!!

I have seen alot of people in the forums talk about Zebra and Blue Jeans cable, and quite a few people have Zebra interconnects in their system. I never used or heard of Zebra cables before until I came to this thread, but here is what I have and I want to know what people think of these vs. the Zebras and Blue Jeans.
    From my audio equipment to my preamp, I use a variety of Monster Series M950i or 1000i interconnects. From my preamp to my amps, I use Mr. Cable PSi Pure Silver Interconnects, you buy from Scott direct. A 1.5 metre run pricewise runs the same as a 1 metre M1000 ($149). What I found to be differences between the monster and Mr. Cable is that Monster has good all-around sound and a great sound stage. Mr. Cable has a great sound stage and better highs, but sacrafices a bit of the mid-range compared to the Monsters.

Whats your oppinions on these cables vs Blue Jeans and Zebras ?

Thanks much !!!