I need your help "Bryston 14B ST"

har_navalta
har_navalta Posts: 957
edited August 2002 in Electronics
This Bryston 14B ST has incredible power of 600watts at 8ohms
and 800watts at 4ohms load and have a minimum of 500watts,
A dual mono amp. Retails about $7200.

Anyone knows about this amp, because someone selling me this amp for almost half of the retail value NEW in the box. If I will
get it this will drive my 1.2TL's.

Any idea about this amp?

Har
Post edited by har_navalta on

Comments

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited August 2002
    Canadian built, heavy ****'s carrying a 20 year transferable warranty. They have an excellent reputation and consistency receive good reviews. They are known for their powerful and controlled bass. I doubt you can go wrong with a Bryston.

Aaron
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited August 2002
    It's the dual mono version of the 7B-ST. The price around here is $6000.00 for the 14B-ST and at half price you've got a great deal.
    I agree with Aaron, you can't go wrong.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited August 2002
    Yeah, lemme check, I think I got a couple of those in my closet......

I've never heard anything bad about Bryston.....

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • bdm
    bdm Posts: 36
    edited August 2002
    troy im me if your on
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited August 2002
    The 1.2TL's will make the most out of that much power! I have read only good things about Bryston. It should be very good quality.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • SPEAKER7
    SPEAKER7 Posts: 355
    edited August 2002
    I can say one thing........customer service......my cousin pick up an old Bryston amp from a yard sale and the 20 yr warranty was still valid......he sent the sick puppy to the dealer and they replaced most of the old parts and replaced them with new parts at no charge.

dc.:D
  • har_navalta
    edited August 2002
    Wow... that's the most important thing of all "customer service and support for their products". I am really convinced to get that
    14B ST amp from Bryston.

For 600watts of power at 8ohms I think it matches the Krell FPB 600c but I don't know which one of these is much better...
    whatever, I also know that Bryston is much less expensive than Krell's.

Har
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited August 2002
    I don't think you can compare Bryston to Krell. I would place Krell on the next, and highest, plane of performance.

Aaron
  • har_navalta
    edited August 2002
    Yeah, you're right Aaron...Anyway Thanks guys for all the responses and idea's for this Bryston 14B ST.

Har:)