Need Opinions

HBombToo
HBombToo Posts: 5,256
edited August 2002 in Speakers
I took some heat on the forum regarding my speakers being sub par for what few separates I have driving them so I have been looking around.

While on my quest for a new DVD player, and you guys were a great help with that, I found some new in the box RTI55i's.

With the many review's I have read regarding the 55i's, do you think I would be foolish buying the set and using them as fronts and rotating my 800i's as surrounds? This would free up my RTA8T's for rears and the Blose cubes go into the bedroom.

What price point do you think I should consider paying for the 55's and will it work?

Thanks in advance for your time. Give me hell if I'm going down the wrong path here.
HBombtoo
***WAREMTAE***
Post edited by HBombToo on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2002
    Where are the RTA's going? My house?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited August 2002
    My thoughts are.....Bose cubes to trash can (OK eBay).....RTA8's to bedroom....bag the 55i's at $300 or less and use them front or rear....Put a 12 pack of MHL on ice and drink 6 for me.... :D
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited August 2002
    What separates do you have? What are your rears now? How much are the RT55i's? Here, let me put this in a form that you'll recognize.

f(separates, rear speakers, cost of RT55i) ----(Aaron transfer function)----> ......

Aaron
  • HBombToo
    edited August 2002
    I bought the 55i's!

Current settup

800i's Bi Amped Front
    400i Bi Amped Center
    RTA 8T Surround
    Rear Blos

receiver h/k 520
    CD/DVD Cal Audio Labs
    Power Amp Outlaw 770

What would you do? The majority RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited August 2002
    I'd leave the 800's in front, 55's in the rear.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited August 2002
    Second what BDT said......
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2002
    I agree with the big head and fat man.

Send me the RTA's though....
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited August 2002
    What would you do?
    Don't you have a subwoofer? If not, then I'd leave the RT800's in the front. If you do, I'd put the RT55's in the front and use the RT800's as surrounds.

Aaron
  • HBombToo
    edited August 2002
    Oh ya, I forgot to include the PSW350.
    ***WAREMTAE***