Lord of the Rings Tues 8/6

Options
2»

Comments

• scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited August 2002
    Options
    Mantis, I have to take a stab at this one. Exactly what sub. would that be and why in the hell (being the GOD of HT and all) is your system not (still) on the system showcase. And please spare me with that "I still don't have a digital camera crap". Let's here an honest excuse this time. A! Pacha!
    I come in peace!
    Bring THE pain!
    I had a **** load to drink tonight!
    Just watched Resident Evil (for the third time)with a full house!
    Don't hate me because my HT kicks total A$$.

Hey Ron P, If we both watched LOTR at the same - would it register on the richter scale. Do I make you vibrate baby! Do I!

OH! YA!
    RUSSMAN and TROY D - U two are all over the HT discussions about HT. And Hmmmmmmm! Still no System Showcase!
    I better get some goooood excuses from you two or it is pay back time. Heee! Heee!:lol:
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited August 2002
    Options
    Hey Ron P, If we both watched LOTR at the same - would it register on the richter scale.
    :lol:
    Do I make you vibrate baby! Do I!
    NO!

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited August 2002
    Options
    Well, some A$$hole stole my digital camera along with my favorite goth boots and Eddie Rabbit LP collection.

Actually, my HT rig is pretty modest as is my 2ch rig. I'll try to borrow a digital camera so you can get your view on.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Ron-P
    edited August 2002
    Options
    I just took some pics of me in my new goth boots, dancing around to some killer ER tunes with my newly acquired digital camera. It's a sight to see, had the cops over last night. They said a neighbor of mine got a bit upset. I thought my front yard was my property and I could do what I want.

If...
  • scottvamp
    edited August 2002
    Options
    Actually, my HT rig is pretty modest as is my 2ch rig. I'll try to borrow a digital camera so you can get your view on.
    Thanks TroyD, just giving u a hard time.:D

Ron - Drink your beer, ya ****. I wasn't going to tell anyone that you won the goth boots. Now your secret is out.

The A$$hole:p
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited August 2002
    Options
    the olny thing i whis was different was the ending it just leaves you hanging there in other series like starwars they have a good ending to the movie and you want to see the next one to see it not becues the last one left you hanging even worse than cast away
  • scottvamp
    edited August 2002
    Options
    Can I get a freaking translater up in here!:confused:
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited August 2002
    Options
    Well guys... its been a tough week so I asked the wife to get some films from block buster and specifically look for this flick. I guess she got there early enough and it was there and by 6:30 through it in and started enjoying. I noticed that the I had to turn my system down about 5 clicks, pretty loud but great sound track.

Anyway, while the 9 were trying to pass the snowy whitecaps my 2 year old decided she wanted to sit with me and drink her juice. All was fine untill she looked at me with this strange look and BLAM, I'm covered in YAK. FAAAAAK!!! I almost lost it myself, grabbed her and went back the the master bath... and now you know the rest of the story.... I'm drinking a Rum because I drank all my Beer last night so its all good. I guess???
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited August 2002
    Options
    Can I get a freaking translater up in here!
    :lol:
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    edited August 2002
    Options
    :lol: Second that!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited August 2002
    Options
    sorry guys i dont even know what i typed there lol what i ment is the olny part of the movie i dident like was how it ended i mean there was no ending i was watching and all of a sudden the creds roll there was no hint of he movie ending it just ended i would have picked a better spot to end it
  • scottvamp
    edited August 2002
    Options
    It was suppose to end that way. They did not want any type of closure. It is the first of a pre-filmed trilogy. The next one is already comming out in December.;)
  • Ron-P
    edited August 2002
    Options
    The only distraction I had with this movie was Agent Smith.

If...
  • ChrisDurano
    ChrisDurano Posts: 372
    edited August 2002
    Options
    Get it a Blockbuster. They matched Best Buy's price and even gave me a free rental. Woohoo!
    Home Speakers polkaudio RTi70's (bi-wired), CSi30, FX3000i, PSW250

Car speakers polkaudio EX 369, DB 650
  • burdette
    burdette Posts: 1,194
    edited August 2002
    Options
    I bought a copy of LORs at WalMart on Saturday for sixteen bucks and change.. $16.42 or something like that. You had to choose either WS or FS version, rather than having both versions on the same disc or even in the same box (which is how other movies are). There is a second disc... I can't imagine wanting/needing 4 for one story/extras.

My only connection to the story was that I've seen the animated "Hobbit" from years ago- never read the books. Bought it because, with the effects, etc, just seemed like a disk to own.. plus, at 3 hours.. and 2 kids.. we'd have had to pay for at least two rentals to finish it.

We've watched it over two nights so far and still haven't finished it, but are enjoying it very much. As much as any other effect, the way they handled the size differences between beings (human actors) is impressive. As much computer graphics and effects as there are, I find myself enjoying the story and getting into it moreso than wondering about the technical issues, which is a good thing. We already know we'll have to watch it again - now that we know the story - just to see some of the stuff we missed the first time.

Really glad it wasn't all just hype... good story, fun to watch, gives the old electronic equipment a workout.
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited August 2002
    Options
    I have to agree Ron. I thought Agent Smith (Hugo Weaving) did not fit that part well at all.

Other than that I thought the movie was well done, and it gave my sub one hell of a workout.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited August 2002
    Options
    Other than that I thought the movie was well done, and it gave my sub one hell of a workout. [/B]

i like bass...and that had alot of it....it gave my sub a workout...speakers didnt get a workout but my sub did
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • dlew308
    dlew308 Posts: 530
    edited August 2002
    Options
    what's the best sub workout parts of the movie? I haven't had time to watch it all, just flipping thru parts. The chase to the river had some nice couche shaking action.
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited August 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by Ron-P
    The only distraction I had with this movie was Agent Smith.

TOTALY! I kept seeing agent smith every time they showed that guy! It was annoying.

Oh, goingganzo I know what you mean... and punctuation is good. Try it sometime, PLEASE. :D
  • Ron-P
    edited August 2002
    Options
    [agent smith vioce] "Welcome to Rivendell, Mrrrrrrrr Anderson."[/agent smith voice]

If...
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited August 2002
    Options
    when the demon dude is above them when their hiding under the tree....it sounds like ur sub is busted...lol
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • dlew308
    dlew308 Posts: 530
    edited August 2002
    Options
    ok i'll play that part, thanks!
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited August 2002
    Options
    Hey, do me (and everyone) a favor.

List the cool audio tracks on the DVD, like I have no clue where the "demon hiding in the tree" is; what chapter is it? If there are many cool audio tracks on this disc, please please list them and why they are cool. It'll make it easier for us to find them quickly! (And personally, I don't want to sit thru this movie again.)

Thanks!

Micah
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • avelanchefan
    edited August 2002
    Options
    Micah I believe he was talking about chapter 10: "A Shortcut to Mushrooms"

It is the scene when they are walking on a trail (after falling down a hill) anyways Frodo see's/feels the ringwraiths coming down the trail, he tells his friends to get off the trail, they end up hiding under a big tree root just off the trail. That is when the ringwraith gets off his horse and is kneeling right above them.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
  • avelanchefan
    edited August 2002
    Options
    Also the "Bridge of Khazad-Dum" (Chapter 30) is fabulous. Between hearing the Orcs climbing down the pillars, to the "Fellowship of the Ring" having to jump over the break in the stairs while the Orcs are throwing spears, was very intense to watch. Hearing the spears from one spectrum to another on the HT was a delight.

Then after all that watching Gandolf face off with the "Belarc"(sp?) is what makes this chapter. Very low sub levels, and visually spectacular when the Belarc takes out his whip of fire.

I find this chapter much better than 10.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited August 2002
    Options
    Cool! Chapter listings! Which other ones are impressive go-to audio demo chapters?

I'll have y'all trained in no time!

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • Ron-P
    edited August 2002
    Options
    The chapter with the cave troll is awesome, very tight hard hitting bass with great surround usage. Don't have the DVD infront of me to give the chapter location right now.

If...
  • etrigan
    etrigan Posts: 160
    edited August 2002
    Options
    Greetings all ! :D

While listening to this the other nite through headphones, I jotted down these chapter #'s and apx. timeframe to go to.
    It was quite late, and i'd had way too many beers as the day was quite hot and humid here in N.Y.
    So by all means this is not a definitive list :D:lol:

#1 - 3:20
    #4 - :42 and 1:45
    #7 - :20
    #8 - 4:00
    #9 - 2:45
    #10 - 2:03
    #12 - 4:15
    #13 - First 2 min. (that's what I scribbled down :confused: )
    #17 - 4:55
    #26 - 2:45
    #27 - 2:00
    #29 - 3:10
    #30 - All of it :D
    #33 - All of it :D
    #36 - 4:00
    #37 - All of it :D

If u get a chance try those out, If any are suck plz let me know.
    Besides #'s 30/33/37 - I don't really remember what scenes they where :confused:
    You may have to wait a couple of seconds after the above listed
    timeframes for a particular scene or sound affect, but I'm sure
    they are close.

CHEERS! jefff
    Art as expression-Not as market campaigns-Will still capture our imaginations.