SDA-SRS 2.3 and SDA-SRS 2.3tl differences?

Options
housedj
housedj Posts: 44
edited January 2006 in Vintage Speakers
other than the obvious sl2000 and sl3000 tweeter differences:)
i have a pair of 2.3s and was wondering if they might have switched the dimensional array to the 2 driver array in the 2.3tls. does anyone have a wire diagram for the 2.3tls or own a pair that could verify this?

since i have the 2.3s i was considering transforming them into 2.3tls. since cabinets are identical would everyone agree that the value would go up? thanks for your comments
Post edited by housedj on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,839
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Yes, the dimensional drivers in the 2.3TL's are the two alone.

The money you'd have to spend would out weigh any increase in value.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• housedj
    housedj Posts: 44
    edited January 2006
    Options
    i was considering upgrading the crossovers on the 2.3s as they are and getting the new tweeters. and i have 3 of the required 6510s so i would just need 1 more 6510, so i was thinkin for the price of getting 1 more 6510 it would be worth it to just make them tls
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,839
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Swapping drivers is only the beginning as the crossovers are very different, including different inductors. Forum member Decato did what you are thinking about, http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35433

Brian is a great guy and I'm sure he wouldn't mind talking to you about it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• decato
    decato Posts: 185
    edited January 2006
    Options
    since i have the 2.3s i was considering transforming them into 2.3tls. since cabinets are identical would everyone agree that the value would go up?

Hi,
    This is not a project you undertake to increase the value of your possession. As already stated, the cost of the new parts will outweigh any possible monetary gains. I actually think you will lose money, since you will have a "hacked" model.

Nonetheless, I went through several iterations of this procedure, going from the 2.3 to the 2.3tl and then to a hybrid 1.2/2.3tl. Nearly every part of the crossover, as well as the wiring harness and the drivers/tweeters, will have to be changed. It can be done, but I only recommend it if you want to improve the sound for your own enjoyment.

-Brian