NAD T761 to PSW300 Hookup

donahue
donahue Posts: 125
Hi,

I recently purchased a NAD T761 A/V Receiver and am wondeing what it the best way to hookup my Polk sub/sat system (namely the PSW300). I know that Polk recommends using the speaker level inputs on the sub. Right now, I've got the pre-outs for left and right main going to the line level input of the sub. The only problem is that when I turn the receiver on or off, I sometimes get some loud noise coming from the sub.

Next, NAD recommends hooking up both the speaker level and LFE to the subwoofer. Is this possible with the PSW300?

Here's a section from NAD's FAQ:

There are three options, made necessary by Dolby Lab's configuration of the Dolby Digital chip:

1. Attaching both the speaker level outputs and the coax subwoofer out to the powered subwoofer gives you full range sound in stereo mode and the .1 effects channel in 5.1 surround modes.

2. Call up the set-up menu in the On Screen Display, and set "center" to "off" and set "surround" to "off". Exit the set-up menu. Select the EARS surround mode. You will now have stereo with the sub out active.

3. You can also use bass management Preset 2 and attach the subwoofer to the two front channels via speaker level inputs as you would for a strictly two channel system. This is also a good setting to use with "powered towers"; full range speakers with active subwoofers built in.

One last note, customer service at NAD states that the sub out is filtered at 100hz unless you set your main speakers to large, in which case, it's not filtered at all.

My question is: What is the best method of hookup based on the info above?

Thanks,

Ray
Post edited by donahue on

Comments

• scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited August 2002
    One last note, customer service at NAD states that the sub out is filtered at 100hz unless you set your main speakers to large, in which case, it's not filtered at all.
    I wonder if this is the case with other recievers on the market?