jdelan
jdelan Posts: 244
edited August 2002 in Speakers
Current setup---
CS400I---Center
RT 35I----Front
FX 300I--Surround
PSW350-Bass

Ok, I am gonna get rid of the FX 300I and replace it with RTi-70 or RTi-50.

Would it be better to get the CSi40 center and rt28I's? Or just keep the same setup...

Here is what it would be.

CSi40---Center
RTi50 or 70---Front
rt28i---surround
psw350

Or should I just upgrade to RTi-50/70 and move the 35I to the surround?

I can sell my 35i and 400I to re-coup some of the loss in buying new. And the FX 300 will be traded into CC for either the i50 or i70.

Comments, thoughts???
Post edited by jdelan on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited August 2002
    Purely my opinion, If you can swing it, if you are getting the new RTi fronts, get the center as well and move the 35's to surrounds. That's what I'd do.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited August 2002
    I thought you had a discussion on this before? I would keep the 400 and 35's and the coins you save I would put it on a better sub or another 350...
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • jdelan
    jdelan Posts: 244
    edited August 2002
    nascar---we did, but I was thinking of upgrading the whole setup, not just the 300FX. Was just looking for ideas as to what might be the best setup.

As for the Sub, cant really do that living in the condo I got. I rumble alot as it is.
  • nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited August 2002
    I rumble alot as it is.

:lol: I here ya.....
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • seaslug
    seaslug Posts: 23
    edited August 2002
    jdelan,

Just out of curiosity, why are you so eager to get rid of the f/x300i's? I started out with RT35i's as surrounds, and it just seemed as though something was missing every time I watched a DVD. I eventually switched to the f/x300i's, and now I couldn't be happier with the diffuse soundfield in dipole mode. This really makes a huge difference in HT applications, at least IMHO. Also, the 35i's are now on their way toward becoming mains in a bedroom HT setup, where I think they will do quite well!

Receiver -- Onkyo TX-DS797
    Mains -- RT800i's
    Center -- CS400i
    L/R Surrounds -- f/x300i's
    Rear Surround -- CS245i
    Sub -- PSW450
    "The unexamined life is not worth living." -- Socrates