27" Flat Screen or 32" Curved

Options
cookaa
cookaa Posts: 49
edited August 2002 in Electronics
I saw this post on home theater forum and was wondering the Polk forum opinion. I am in the TV market for $600.00 or less. I was previously looking at a Sony Wega 27FS100 model, but now I am not sure on whether or not to go for the 27, or the curved 32. Some argue that the size of the 27" isn't large enough to take advantage of the flat screen and squeeze features. Most people on the HTF said they would go with a curved 32" because it looks better overall even without a flat screen? Any opinions would be great?
Post edited by cookaa on

Comments

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited August 2002
    Options
    just speculating, but if both are 4:3 aspect screens, then consider how much you lose to fit widescreen pictures. with widescreen DVD & VHS, a 27" isn't really a 27", & a 32" isn't really a 32". with that in mind, the bigger the better. i have a 24" Sony Wega flatscreen, and I love it. But my old TV was 19", so just about anything woulda looked better!
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited August 2002
    Options
    meestercleef
    with that in mind, the bigger the better. i have a 24" Sony Wega flatscreen, and I love it. But my old TV was 19", so just about anything woulda looked better!

Well said! For HT - I do not care how "clear" your tv is. It's still only 27 freaking inches. Much less in widesceen!:confused: