Speaker Impedance

HBombToo
HBombToo Posts: 5,256
edited August 2002 in Speakers
Does any 1 know if there is a list of all the model Tweets and Drivers taht show the impedance? or... does Polk use a standard for all like 8 Ohm or 16 Ohm?

:confused:
***WAREMTAE***
Post edited by HBombToo on

Comments

• nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited August 2002
    Bomb

I don't know of any list? What are you up to now......
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • HBombToo
    edited August 2002
    I received the crossover circuits from Polk for my RTA8T and am back calculating the response... It is harder than I thought because of all the info I don't have. The Impedance of the speakers plus it looks like they through some L Pads in the circuit and I'm unsure why.

The daughter is watching Blue's Clues and I'm just dabbling. Still hungover from Friday night but I am on 1/2 a six right now.
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited August 2002
    I can't help ya any.......
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • HBombToo
    edited August 2002
    Its really no big deal... I'm not sure if the Speaker response is proprietary to Polk or not but I'm SOL without it.
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited August 2002
    You could call and ask them if they will supply it to you. My speakers all have the sl2000 speakers so I could look at the peerless replacement ones at partsexpress.com to get an idea but I don't know about the RTA ones. Can you feed a sine wave into one and calculate the impedence based on the voltage drop or output level or something? This sounds possible but I'm not thinking clearly how to do it.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • HBombToo
    edited August 2002
    madmax001, if Polk does not provide them then thats the only way out. Its funny though... the more I dig the more I recall and the more I have to study, if ya know what I'm saying.

You have to respect what the Polk engineers do because this is not straight forward at all. By the time all is said and done, I'm sure that calculations only get them so far and from there its comes down to black art and experience.
    ***WAREMTAE***