From the other side.

madmax
madmax Posts: 12,434
edited December 2005 in Garage Sale
Is an HT/HS guy welcome to sell some car audio stuff here? I am, afterall, from the other side. :eek:
madmax
Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
Post edited by madmax on

Comments

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited November 2005
    list away....you far'ner....:p
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited November 2005
    NO! BEGONE!

yeah, it's cool... :p
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited November 2005
    don't make me shoot you.

You know - I'd totally get into home audio, but it's just so much money for nice stuff... and it's a pain in the rear to pull up the carpet and lay down wire and ****. it pisses my mom off... lmfao!

when the day comes that I have some coin, I'll set myself up with a nice 5 channel surround sound on the "A" switch of a receiver... and then a wicked sick set of towers in stereo on the "b" switch. yes i know, not as cool as separate preamp / amp setup... but - eh - how friggin loud do i need it in my house? 50 watts goes a long way - 100 goes even further... 150 shakes the plates out of the cupboard which results in me sleeping in the garage for a week while the afore mentioned mother screams at me.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2005
    Lies; ALL LIES!

You can get a very good home system for a lot less than you think.

An outstanding set of Polk RTi6's for a mere $370 powered by a humble stereo receiver for usually less than $200 and youve got a damn fine reference system. Granted it wont blow your windows out or have earth shaking bass but it will sound excellent.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited December 2005
    adding to the derail here - if you look hard enough and long enough the used market can offer some awesome gear and great prices. You could even build a system off of the great deals people offer here.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited December 2005
    actually i was thinking of building my own speakers with raw drivers.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge