LSi center channel

madmax
madmax Posts: 12,434
edited July 2002 in Speakers
Has anyone tried the LSi Center with any SDA speakers?
madmax
Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
Post edited by madmax on

Comments

• jrausch
    jrausch Posts: 510
    edited July 2002
    I personally wouldn’t use the Lsi with SDA's. I have a pair of the 15's and think they sound totally different. The Lsi's are too clean comparatively. I was thinking the same thing, since the Lsi's are such great speakers. I actually had very good luck with Definitive Tech's C/L/R 2500, their TL tweeter is very precise and the dome tweeter blends better with the SDA's than the Ring. The Def Tech also blends 5/ch DTS music very well with my SDA's.
    I think the front end is practically seamless.
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
  • madmax
    edited July 2002
    Thanks! I will give them a look.
    madmax

• madmax
    edited July 2002
    The C/L/R 2000 looks like what I might want. I'm guessing they have the same tweeter as the 2500. I wonder if the 6.5" woofers would mess up the relationship with the SDA's?
    madmax

• jrausch
    jrausch Posts: 510
    edited July 2002
    Are you tracking this one? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1369849277

I lucked out getting mine, the seller was 2miles from my house and he only had it for 3months. He was selling his entire Def Tech system to buy a house. I offered $500 cash and he shut down the auction. The resale value on these speakers is awesome. They have one of the tightest price controls on the market. Usually you can find someone on the web who sells grey market product, but not for Def Tech. So even if you don't like the way it sounds you can get all of your money back. Good luck amigo.
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."