McAlister PP150S

Options
jfb4548
jfb4548 Posts: 168
edited November 2005 in 2 Channel Audio
How long did you guys wait for you's, and how much did the customs / duty fees and shipping to the States run? Also did he bill your credit card at the time you made the purchase of when it was shipped? I know I ask alot of questions! :)
Post edited by jfb4548 on

Comments

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited November 2005
    Options
    I'm still waiting on mine. I expect about 6 weeks total waiting time but it depends on where he is at the time. Shoot him an email. It sounded like he was doing a whole run of them last time I talked to him. He wants a deposit of some kind so he knows you are serious but seems very flexible. Seems like a really nice fellow. He does shipping very well, best to just ask him what the total shipping cost is.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited November 2005
    Options
    madmax wrote:
    I'm still waiting on mine.
    SAA0721.gif

"Hey Jesse, wake up! I think madmax's McAlister gear was just delivered!!"
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited November 2005
    Options
    McAlister is a very nice guy. If you want one you'd better put your name in asap. I placed my order last week. It is going to be a while before I get it but, having demo'd one, I can tell you that it's worth it.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited November 2005
    Options
    SAA0721.gif

"Hey Jesse, wake up! I think madmax's McAlister gear was just delivered!!"

I'm afraid I won't be home when they deliver it. It may sit outside all day long. I'll let you guys know when I'm expecting it. NOT! :D
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited November 2005
    Options
    We've already done preliminary recon and discovered these in what appeared to be normal manhole covers in your street. It will be a dangerous mission, but we will prevail!

motionplan.gif
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited November 2005
    Options
    We've already done preliminary recon and discovered these in what appeared to be normal manhole covers in your street. It will be a dangerous mission, but we will prevail!

motionplan.gif

WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • ND13
    edited November 2005
    Options

motionplan.gif

I'm gonna do this once more , because it looks really cool with more than one of them on the screen :D:D:D:D :cool: :cool: :cool:
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited November 2005
    Options
    Madmax as a child
    gme29.gif
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,353
    edited November 2005
    Options
    Norm and I waited over 11 weeks for our amps, which was abnormal for him. He had an order for several custom electrostatic headphone amps at the time we placed our order so we had to wait our turn. Email or call him would be best. EDIT: Like max said, a small deposit gets you in que.

Getting setup to accept credit cards is on his list, right now it's just International Money Order or PayPal. I've had no duties or custom fees with him shipping via Canada Post and it took two weeks to arrive. Canada Post hands off to the USPS. IIRC, it ran around $75 to get the seperately boxed amp and power supply here. He said it took us longer to get our gear than items he has sent to the East or West coast.

LOL, BlueMDPicker. So max resides in a well defended, secure fortress location, eh? Anyone ever get in, or get out if they did?
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • ND13
    edited November 2005
    Options
    I've heard it equated to Area 51
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited November 2005
    Options
    SCompRacer wrote:
    Anyone ever get in, or get out if they did?

No to the former, and a refusal to speculate on the latter. His neighbors invariably "move" shortly after complaining about loud music. But, none of their friends ever receive even a Christmas card after the "move".
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,840
    edited November 2005
    Options
    I have staked out MM's house and I know when the PO delivers......hehe.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk