Polk 5jr

Jscot
Jscot Posts: 3
edited July 2002 in Speakers
Does anyone have any info regarding these speakers? I just bought some awesome monitor 4a's on ebay; now I want these.

Thanks for any help

Scott:)
Post edited by Jscot on

Comments

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited July 2002
    If these are the ones I'm thinking of, I believe my late father bought these back in the 80's (or maybe early 90's), anyway, I believe it was before Polk went mass-market, but I could be wrong. My Mom still has them in her living room. They are 4 ohm bookshelf/monitor-type spkrs with a freq range of 31-25,000 Hz, but the manual does not give the freq range in +/- db. I don't know the sensitivity, but they are driven with an older Harmon Kardon stereo rcvr that puts out about 80 watt per ch at 4 ohms, & it has no trouble driving them. These spkrs have a fuse on the back of them. They sound absolutely superb, to my ears, altho in order to deal with the WAF (wife acceptance factor), Dad had to place them too close to wall & corners, where they remain to this day. Polk cust srvc may be able to give you more info. Can't look at the manual, it's 1,000 miles away, altho I did study the manual over Xmas, just for the hell of it.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Jscot
    edited July 2002
    Thanks for the response. Well, as long as they sound good thats all that matters. I have a set of RT8's already, and a "new" set of monitor 4's I just bought off Ebay--love'em! Yeah Baby!---Anyhow, I was bidding on (and have bought now; don't have'em just yet), a set of 5jr's. I just love the old polk sound, look, warmth and quality. Damn shame it's not the same these days. Regardless
    still looking for the good buy on some SDA1's.
    Scott
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited July 2002
    I have the RTA8T's and will never part with them.
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • marvelous
    marvelous Posts: 38
    edited July 2002
    I have a black pair of Polk Jrs+. They are in mint condition. E-mail me if you are interested. brown.marvin@att.net
  • Jscot
    edited July 2002
    By the way HBombToo, I'll sell you my RT8's if you want them---And also, is there a difference between the 5jr and the 5jr+?

Thanks for the above responses everyone, they help alot!
    Scott
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited July 2002
    How much??? Jscot?
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited July 2002
    Yes....the + is bigger and has a 6.5 passive radiator....
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!