RTA-15T Any Good?

Options
saread
saread Posts: 7
edited July 2002 in Speakers
Got this pair of Polk RTA-15T's and was wondering if they were worth keeping or should I dump them and pick up something else? I kind of like the way they sound, but was wondering if they're too outdated and technology has passed them by. If I should dump them, what would be a good replacement?
Post edited by saread on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2002
    Options
    Dome tweeter, fairly advanced network, solid build, durable woofs (rubber surround), and most importantly, you like they way they sound. Outdated? Far from it. I'd use the term 'classic' myself.

Sounds like you've got a winner, I'd love to have a pair in the collection.....

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited July 2002
    Options
    Agreed..... IMO a keeper!
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited July 2002
    Options
    Thats one really personal question.Tech wise they will play everything out there today,tomarow and for a long time to come.
    I can't tell you where to start or finish,every mans audio journey is different.Travel the road my freind and post your results.
    Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • saread
    saread Posts: 7
    edited July 2002
    Options
    OK. I'm sold. There's so much BS out there about how technology has raced forward since these speakers were built that it's hard to separate the wheat from the chaff. I can't figure out why a speaker that sounded good when it was new can't measure up to the current products a few years later. Other than to say that the audio stores need to move product. Has speaker technology actually changed that much?
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited July 2002
    Options
    A good sounding speaker will always sound good. If you get right down to it, basic loudspeaker principles have remained fundamentally unchanged in many, many years. Not to say there are not nuances and improvements in technology but as far as revolutionary, IMO (my opinion) I don't think so.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut