My Polk Brothers and Sisters

Options
George Grand
George Grand Posts: 12,258
edited April 2 in Clubhouse Archives
This is by a longshot the roughest I have ever had it. Several of you have met my daughter and know she was a beautiful spirit. She came to us at 2 1/2 yrs of age and left us far too soon at the age of 20. Perhaps this is for the best, cause I know deep in my heart that I never would've admitted that I no longer had the physical ability to take care of her. She wasn't big for 20 yrs old, but holding onto her too long, and not placing her in the care of others may have grown to actually be a threat to her well being. I don't know. I just know that I feel I had at least another good 10 years in me.

It is very hard for me to gather my thoughts right now. I can say that the amount of support I am receiving from all of you brings me to tears once again. Tiffany was truly my ray of sunshine. I love her with all my heart and then some. The only way to look at this and have any peace is for me to realize that she is no longer burdened by the bent and broken little body that she was confined to. Wherever she is know, I hope she is doing backflips, somersaults and break dancing.

All your kind words are a great resource for me, and I love each and every one of you for it.

Russ, how can I say it? Thank you for the help and support of all my Polk siblings, it was you that instigated all of it. Thanks and big love.

George, Theresa, and Stephanie
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,490
    edited October 2005
    Options
    George we wish your entire family all the best. :)
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Who am I, at 17, to say something supportive, encouraging, and reassuring? I'm sure I can't, and I'm equally sure you know to hang on to the good memories and the thought that she's in a better place right now, so I'm left with nothing to say except that your family will be in my prayers for a while now.

Just be as strong as you can, and the LORD will you carry you through when you can no longer carry yourself.

Michael
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Peace be with you and yours, may light and happiness cover each of you in the days to come.

RT1
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited October 2005
    Options
    I have all the confidence in the world that she is doing backflips, somersaults and break dancing.

God bless brother.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Maurice
    Maurice Posts: 517
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Holding you and your family up in prayer.
    Everytime I think I'm out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN!!!!!!

Polk 70's,40,30's
    Velo DLS 3500 Sub
    JVC 61" HD-ILA
    Sony DA4ES AVR
    Oppo 981 DVD
    Sony CDP-CX235 CD
    Signal Bi-wires
    AR ProII IC's
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited October 2005
    Options
    My thoughts are with you & yours George. Just know that she had the best while she was here & she is now at peace.

Please take care of yourself & let us know if we can do anything for you.

Cathy
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Tide
    Tide Posts: 154
    edited October 2005
    Options
    George, you and yours are in my family's prayers.
    SDA 2s; HSU STF-2; Yamaha RX-V1
    SDA-CRSs; Polk PSW-303; Rotel RB-960BX; Rotel RSP-960AX;
    LSi 7s; Infinity PS8; Rotel RB-980BX; Rotel RSP-980
    Mirage Nanosat 5.1; Yamaha RX-V2300
    Monitor 5s, 5 jrs, & 4s
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    edited October 2005
    Options
    The Grand Family,

I can't even imagine what you are going through. It really makes one realize what's important in life. My prayers and thoughts are with all of you in this moment of great sadness. I wish each and every one of you the best.

Peace and Love

Brock
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,877
    edited October 2005
    Options
    My condolences and thoughts go out to you and your family.
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited October 2005
    Options
    George,

My family and I were deeply saddened to hear the news. I didn't know what to say. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I think you can take heart in knowing that you took impeccable care of her and provided a loving environment that couldn't have been matched anywhere else. I'm sure that she's dancing.

As other's have said, if there's anything that we can do.. you've got it.

Jason
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited October 2005
    Options
    There are no words to express my sorrow at hearing about the loss of your daughter. I hope that your faith helps to pull you through this difficult time and know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2005
    Options
    George,

While it may be of little consolation, I and those who have been blessed enough to meet you and your family know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Tiffany could not have been more loved or better taken care of.

I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Tiffany is in a place where there is no tears nor pain nor sorrow and she is, indeed doing all the things her body wouldn't allow here. She is and always will be an angel that has touched our lives and made them better for it.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Deepest condolences George. I can't imagine what you must be going through right now. Peace be with you.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2005
    Options
    George,

I have never met you and my words might not mean much to you, but for what it might be worth, I will have you and your family in my prayers. God only knows why things like these happen, and I am sure Tiffany is now in peace and grateful for all the love you gave her.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • criverajr
    criverajr Posts: 1,675
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Mr. Grand

I call you this because you earn that and more with your love and kindness towards your daughter and family in this great time of need. As I came into my office this morning and thought of what you must be going through I looked above my desk and saw the great poem "Footprints". Mr. Grand this is truely the time when you will see only one set of footprints in the sand but the good Lord will be carrying you through. My deepest sympathy go out to you and your family, we have not met but we are family. Stay strong and God Bless.

Carlos Rivera & Family
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited October 2005
    Options
    I only had to be at your house for part of a day to know how much you cared for Tiffany and treated her like gold, same for Theresa and Stephanie. Stay strong brotha
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited October 2005
    Options
    George,

Please find peace in the knowledge that what you, Stephanie, and Theresa have given to Tiffany in the terms of love and caring is so much more than words could ever hope to describe.

She was truly blessed, as were you and your family. Take solace in the fact that now she has moved on to better things... Her spirit now unfettered and free of the confines it once endured. She is at peace.

My family is praying for you. God bless you all, and may He grant you the strength to overcome.

Anthony
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited October 2005
    Options
    George,
    My wife and I will keep you and your family in our prayers.
    May God bless and comfort you
    Sincerest condloences
    Janice and george
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited October 2005
    Options
    My prayers are sent my Friend

Henry
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Very sorry to hear that. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Michael
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2005
    Options
    All,

I hope that George doesn't mind me passing this on...

If you would like to make a donation in Tiff's memory this is the place:

The Githens Center for the Handicapped
    40 Cedar Street
    Mt. Holly, NJ 08060

For those that were planning to send flowers.....George said that Tiffany LOVED balloons and that they would be very nice.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited October 2005
    Options
    George,

Your willingness not to let "go" was you being a great father. I hope you find some peace in your time of grief.

Sean
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited October 2005
    Options
    ....as the father of a 20 year old daughter, I can't even imagine man.
    Really....I don't know of anything that can be said that will even come close to helping.
    Let's hope it's for the best...not for the living....but for Tiffany,
    may she find in the next place, all she was denied in this world.
    One thing is for sure, there was alot love for her here,
    and that will comfort her on the journey.

peace for you and yours bro,

-Luc
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited October 2005
    Options
    I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes reading this thread and don't really know what to say that hasn't been said already...

I think that knowing that you stood by her and took care of her to the end will help give you peace and will ultimately help carry you and your family through this sad time.

- Danny
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited October 2005
    Options
    George,
    I'm so sorry to hear that. I still remember that pic you posted of Tiffany and her friend before going to the school dance. She was beautiful.

Stay strong. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Maurice
  • Steamer
    Steamer Posts: 53
    edited October 2005
    Options
    I'm new here but I'm not new to losing loved ones. My deepest sympathy to you and your family during this difficult time. My prayers to you.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    edited October 2005
    Options
    She is in a better place now. Keep your head up. Enjoy your life to it's fullest, I'm sure she would want it that way. Remember all the good times you guys shared together.

Best wishes to you and your family, there in my prayers.

Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Sorry about my last post. I just found out it was Stephanie on the picture.

Maurice
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    edited October 2005
    Options
    George & Family,

We're here for you brother, anything you need, just say the word.

Jesse
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nellis8166
    nellis8166 Posts: 292
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Tears are rolling down my face reading this.
    George, you don't know me but just reading this and the way you talked about your daughter tells me she was loved beyond anything I have known in my young life. You should be extremely proud in your time of grief. You are a good man sir. Lots of love,
    Nat
    RTi10
    CSi5
    RTi28
    SVS PB12-ISD2

Denon 2106(pre/pro)
    Adcom 5503(200x3)

Audioquest Diamondback ICS
    Kimber Kable 8tc biwire(mains and center)

"Don't let your silly dreams fall in between the crack of the bed and the wall."
    -J. James