2205 or 755 which way do I go

Options
jmasterj
jmasterj Posts: 327
edited July 2002 in Electronics
Ok, I need some feedback, Im looking at the Parasound 2205, and
the Outlaw Audio 755 power amps. I always want to get the best
value for the dollar. Money is always an issue. I might be able to
get the 755 plus an amp stand, and the interconnects, for the same price of the 2205. I haven't heard them yet. What You Think?

Jmasterj Polk to the Death !:confused:
JmasterJ Polk to the Death
Post edited by jmasterj on

Comments

• HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited July 2002
    Options
    I have the 770 and am very satisfied with it. No regrets here, Great Price Point and GREAT specs if you want my opinion.

If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to help

HBombtoo
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • flason
    flason Posts: 278
    edited July 2002
    Options
    Check out the outlaw audio forum. I have the Parasound and know it's a grat sounding piece of equipment. There are some at the forum who feel that the Parasound and the Outlaw sound equally as good. If that is the case, then price is what really matters. What mattered to me was having a dealer around for the next 10 years that would honor the 10 year warranty that came with the Parasound. I'm still waiting on the Outlaw 950 pre-amp. I'm using a Yamaha 2095 receiver as the pre right now, but feel that a step-up to the 950 is needed.
  • jmasterj
    edited July 2002
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback.
    HBombToo what are you using for a pre-amp? I'm planing to use
    my receiver. What kind of warranty came with the 770? Are you using a amp stand or rack? Which polks?

• jmasterj
    edited July 2002
    Options
    Thanks for Your input.
    flason I went to Outlaws website to check out the 950. I didn't read the info, just looked at the rear view. I have another issue now. I have a DVD-Audio player, and a SACD player. My receiver
    has two multi-channel direct inputs which accomodate these. Is the 950 more flexable than your 2095 as far as connections? I know as a rule seperates are "better" What improvements do you
    expect to gain from the 950? I was planning to use my receivers
    pre-amp section too. Help me justify the extra $899.
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited July 2002
    Options
    I have the h/k 520 and use the preamps from it. Real easy to hook up also between the 2 and I have not had 1 problem. I am a rookie at this HT stuff and if I could do it I'm sure you can.
    The 770 is truely an impressive box and came with a 5 year warranty. I have also contacted their customer support and they did follow through on specidic deails regarding the operation. I am glad I bought the unit.
    It is a Very quiet unit and heavy because of heat sinks @ 90lbs and is in a 4 tier stand with carpet spikes. I have not even heard a crack, crosstalk or nothing but clean power out. I put it at the bottom of the stand and cascade up to the H/k then next to the dvd then next to the direct tv stacked on a vcr for blues clues and wiggle's.
    ***Note***
    My h/k does not have trigger voltage out for on/off switch into the 770 so I rigged a DC Power source from 1 of the many 900Mhz phones my 2 year old destroyed and connected it into the switched supply of the H/k. I have the Amp on its own line, 20 amp breaker totally separate from the rest of the system and seems to work well. I have 1 60W table lamp on the line with the amp and have never seen a power hit. The switched supply of the h/k now turns on/off the Amp but DOES NOT power the amp and it works great. 1 button turn on is the way to go for lazy people like ME.

Good luck and keep the post flying.

HBombtoo
    ***WAREMTAE***