A Beautiful Mind

nascarmannnascarmann Posts: 1,464
edited July 2002 in Music & Movies
Watched this a few days ago......Great movie. If you want special effects or big booms or great sound track.....this is not it. If you want a great story (true story), great acting, well directed movie.....try this one out. It made me laugh.... a few tears and again the story is fantastic. I would call this a "must see".....
Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
Post edited by nascarmann on

Comments

• GuitarheadCAGuitarheadCA Posts: 400
    edited July 2002
    Yeah, I saw it in the theaters a few months ago, and I was thinking about the same thing.
  • briancsbriancs Posts: 193
    edited July 2002
    Watched it last night along with Swordfish. I liked them both Swordfish a little more though. I am glad to have seen A Beautiful Mind though. No the soundtrack is not the best, but you do hear a dog barking in the back left corner of the room at the mail box. That is the biggest back surround usage I recall. Which was well placed, and I am glad they did not do so much to the soundtrack to make it overkill for the movie.
    The guy with $40.00 mains and a $700.00 subwoofer.
  • OrangeToupeeOrangeToupee Posts: 488
    edited July 2002
    A Beautiful Mind: An excellent movie ... but 'based' on actual events is a more accurate description of the movie. They left out some of the more squalid elements of the man's life.
  • nascarmannnascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited July 2002
    OrangeToupee

Agreed......few if any are a "true story" per say.....;)
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • Dr. SpecDr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited July 2002
    Loved it - saw it last night. A keeper for sure. Crowe is so versatile. Should have beaten out Denzel for best actor.

Doc
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen ([email protected])
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • mantismantis Posts: 15,536
    edited July 2002
    I also agree what a good movie.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • petrympetrym webdude Posts: 1,933
    edited July 2002
    I watched this movie last night with the wife. We both enjoyed it, and what an outstanding performance by Crowe.