Halo love still continues...

Options
VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,050
edited October 2005 in Video Games
Man... I put Halo 1 in out of shear boredom...

MAN... so much fun...

Riddick...Doom 3... nadda...nothing on this game. Sorry... :)

I'm on the level with all the bridges and rooms full of people... I forget the name... man oh man... I love it...

The best part...is I am sitting in my computer chair and I am literally bouncing in my seat from the bass...LOVE IT! Why did they tone down Halo 2?
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
Post edited by VR3 on

Comments

• BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited October 2005
    Options
    dude, my lust for halo 2 died out when my friggin' ex-boss decided to try to converse with me about it. he is in competition with everything i buy. now that he likes it, it's been spoiled for me. pisses me off, too. just got some logitech wireless controllers and a logitech wireless headset that just sit there now. on top of it all, xbox 360 is coming out so my existing xbox stuff will become obsolete as i love the newest technology.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • VR3
    edited October 2005
    Options
    The old games are B-Compat.

Halo 1 and 2 own. I have played them several times through... each time better than the last. Except Halo 2's last few levels - which just suck. IMO...

Bring on HALO 3!!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    edited October 2005
    Options
    play h2 online????
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • VR3
    edited October 2005
    Options
    nah I dont have xbox live
  • BIZILL
    edited October 2005
    Options
    yes, my buddy and myself had not played halo 2 for a few months. we decided to revisit it and beat it. we thought we had a long road ahead of us, but we didn't even realize we were already on the last level. we beat it too quickly. sure, we needed a harder ai setting, but the game must've been much slower. again, i don't play halo 2 online anymore due to my boss lurking out there in cyberspace waiting to join in a game with me. i don't like him THAT MUCH.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • VR3
    edited October 2005
    Options
    My friend and I beat Halo 2 in 4-5 hours, watching no videos.

The last levels sucked - it would be better if you could actually FIGHT the FLOOD AND THE COV. - It is nearly impossible to fight all of them.

We beat it on Hard - no time to mess with legendary...

Halo 1 is fun until the end... this Humans vs. Cov vs. Flood isnt to good when everyone is fighting everyone and their primary target is YOU
  • BIZILL
    edited October 2005
    Options
    mantis wrote:
    play h2 online????

it was the bomb for awhile, till the thinggie with my loser boss.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • BIZILL
    edited October 2005
    Options
    if ever you see me out in xbox live land, my screen name too, is bizill. my first experience with live was with castle wolfenstein. that was the shi* my friend!

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • VR3
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Isnt there a way to block your boss from seeing you or w/e?

I honestly dont want to deal with Xbox Live - mainly because I hear about all these punk kids stinking it up all the time - and the cheating. Not sure I would enjoy either of that. Last thing I want is lil punks cussing through my speakers and calling me derogatory names...

Man.. the bass in Halo 1 is just surreal. Almost as good as Doom 3. My floor is a freakin trampoline.
  • BIZILL
    edited October 2005
    Options
    i haven't played xbox since the svs upgrade. also, if i block my boss, i believe he'll be able to tell, unless there is a w
    y to just become invisible to only him. i didn't even look to see if it's possible, as i no longer play live since he joined. anyone ever make you feel like u don't desire things anymore since that person does?

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Gotta have Live. I see no reason to own an Xbox and not have Live. Just do it would yeah

Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • BIZILL
    edited October 2005
    Options
    yeah, it's not that i am scared and avoiding the dude, it's just that i honestly don't care all too much any longer. he's been a really bad, degrading boss. he belittles everyone around him. i stand up for myself and get threats of firing. owners don't do much about the sitch. i have since moved up the ladder at work. he is no longer my boss. i am not his, but i create jobs that he has to adhere to! touche! but i still loath the dude. but i've gotta say, i don't think i've loved a game so much since contra 3 on nes.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited October 2005
    Options
    I honestly dont want to deal with Xbox Live - mainly because I hear about all these punk kids stinking it up all the time - and the cheating. Not sure I would enjoy either of that. Last thing I want is lil punks cussing through my speakers and calling me derogatory names...

QUOTE]

I finally hopped on Live last night with Halo2. I had heard the stories too about cheating, little kids, etc... but it really wasn't that bad. Some people kill themselves to lower their rating and play against noobs (a guy last night had -24). Then there was a kid with an ultra fast and super hopping player, still beat him down a lot though. And yea, there was cussing and stuff, but most games were fairly silent. There was one game when a teammate kept begging us to talk at least to have has give heads up where the other team was.

Anyway, after 7 hours straight of playing, I found it too enjoyable. Only a couple people cheated and there was a fair amount of smack talk, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I envisioned.
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • MSkeezer
    MSkeezer Posts: 1,183
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Peter Jackson and his wife will serving as executive producers on the Halo movie, and Weta Digitial will be providing the special effects...
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited October 2005
    Options
    My only **** about Halo is the weapons. Shooting green bubbles at enemies doesnt really impress me much. I love the machine gun but its bascally worthless against anything. If they would replace the bubble guns with chain guns, shot guns and such that could actually be used I would like it a lot better.

I also wish you could carry more weapons. I know its not realistic to carry 12 different guns but then again a 7' tall cyborg Master Chief isnt very realistic either!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D