God Of War

Options
LiquidSound
LiquidSound Posts: 1,261
edited October 2005 in Video Games
NOT FOR KIDS!!!!!!! This game is brutal and gory. Period. And the cut scenes are sometimes worse than the gameplay.

Anybody played it? I absolutely loved it. Intense battles, fresh ideas, interesting story..it's an awesome game. The sex scene was also interesting. :D No, it doesn't show any action..but it's certainly adult. In the game, you'll see nip..I'll tell ya that.
Two Channel Main
Receiver - VSX-54TX
Mains - Csi40's
Sub - Spiked Velodyne Cht-8 On Spiked Landscaping Stones

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend
Post edited by LiquidSound on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Is this just on PC? Or is it on a console... and if so... which one?
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Glad you said something as my 9 year old son wants this game, it's getting crossed off his list today.

Dan

But not off mine...LOL
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Its for PS2. Its on my short list of games to buy. I played the demo at some store, and it was totally rad. Once I beat HL2 and get tired with Battlefield 2, then its on to this one.
  • bdaley6509
    bdaley6509 Posts: 1,167
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I beat it. Fantastic game. Lots of fun, but definately not for kids.
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Anybody play FarCry? One of the best FPS i've ever played. It's over a year old now, but still.. if you haven't played it on the computer, you haven't lived. IMO, it blew HL2 and Doom 3 outta the water. Far more realistic and you can't carry 18 weapons all at the same time... common.. in real life you'd be lucky to carry three. :)

The Knight
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• bdaley6509
    bdaley6509 Posts: 1,167
    edited October 2005
    Options
    That's the beauty of video games...it's not real life. Far Cry is awesome...I agree.
  • Schris22
    Schris22 Posts: 983
    edited October 2005
    Options
    I've played GOd of war, pretty fun as well! Frusterating at times too. Between one main guy playing it on hard and occasionaly me and my roomate playing the hard parts, it's a fun game

Farcry is fun too...

Chris
    Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR502-S
    DVD Player: Pioneer DV-578A-S
    Left and Right: R50
    Center: CS1
    Rear Center: R15
    Surrounds: R30
    Subwoofer: 10'' Dayton 100 Watt
  • Tomasz
    Tomasz Posts: 56
    edited October 2005
    Options
    I have heard only great things about God of War, I guess I will just flat out buy it instead of renting it first. Thanks for the FarCry info. never heard of it but I'm getting that too now.

Home:

LSi15
    LSiFX
    LSi9
    LSiC
    PSW505

Denon AVR-884
    Denon DVR-715S
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Farcry is a lot of fun on the PC, its graphics are pretty demanding if you crank em up. Its really fun to snipe.
  • Schris22
    Schris22 Posts: 983
    edited October 2005
    Options
    yeah farcry....it's a huge game..memory is important for this game. The current and latest video game graphics have been amped since it's time so you don't need the latest and greatest to run. But the enviorment is huge!

Try a PC demo first...no cost in renting!

Chris
    Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR502-S
    DVD Player: Pioneer DV-578A-S
    Left and Right: R50
    Center: CS1
    Rear Center: R15
    Surrounds: R30
    Subwoofer: 10'' Dayton 100 Watt
  • lanion
    lanion Posts: 843
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Far Cry is excellent as is God of War. F.E.A.R. and Call of Duty 2 both have amazing singleplayer demos you can download now over at fileplanet or other sites, if you are a PC FPS shooter fan. F.E.A.R. also has a multiplayer demo, but is a little weak imo.
    My Iron Man training/charity blog.

HT:
    32" Sharp LCD. H/K dpr 1001 to Outlaw Audio 7900 to Polk LSi + Paradigm Studio center. Hsu DualDrive ULS-15. PS3/Wii. Outlaw 7900.
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Far Cry does indeed take a lot for the PC to run at full steam. I played it thru the first time before i upgraded my computer on low graphics. Totally rocked on the highest setting. Loved it! I believe it's the best FPS i've ever played to this date.

Now i can't wait for CIV4!!! HUGE fan of that series. Variety is the spice of life true?
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier