sda-1c cabinets

Options
trdav1d
trdav1d Posts: 8
edited October 2005 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
does anyone know were i can find a set of sda-1c cabinets? i do not care what shape they are in. or possibly know how to build some?
Post edited by trdav1d on

Comments

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited October 2005
    Options
    If you have the drivers and crossover already it would be reasonable to build a cabinent. What I've found is that you can almost always find a used complete pair in perfect condition for far less than the cost of the drivers alone. $400 to $700 complete. To build you will have to have the correct volume, the driver placement need to be almost exact and you will have to deal with tuning a passive radiator. On top of this you will need a wiring diagram and a crossover and drivers. You are going to have to do a LOT to be able to build them.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • trdav1d
    edited October 2005
    Options
    i have a complete set.the boxes were damaged by a moving company.i'm fairly good at woodworking and could duplicate the cabinets.i just thought if i found some i could refinish them because mine are beyond repair and building a new set i could do but it would be alot of work and i just want to get these awsome speakers back up and running as soon as possible! thanks for the reply. Troy
  • okiepolkie
    okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Where are you located? That might help your situation out a little bit.
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Sorry to hear that the moving company ruined your cabinets. One consideration before you invest in a cabinet building project might be to make sure the driver voice coil magnets aren't damaged (dislodged slightly, causing seizing) from the pounding as well.

Good luck!
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    edited October 2005
    Options
    what about that poser that was selling his SDA 1 something or another on EBay for parts...he sell them cabs or what?
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Sorry to hear that the moving company ruined your cabinets. One consideration before you invest in a cabinet building project might be to make sure the driver voice coil magnets aren't damaged (dislodged slightly, causing seizing) from the pounding as well.

Good luck!

+ 1 on that. I've been lucky and unlucky when it comes to the midbass drivers when shipped/dropped :eek:
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • trdav1d
    edited October 2005
    Options
    my first concern was that my drivers were damaged so i took them to a local stereo shop and all checked out ok.i live in california.thanks guy's